7: Fireworks

~third POV~
You woke up to the sound of a lawnmower outside. Looking over at your window you saw that it was Small's step-dad lawn mowing. You smiled and got ready for your day. Today was Forth of July and you wanted to wear something that fit the theme so you put on jeans with a red shirt and your white PF Flyers. Today you and the guys were also going to play a night game which hardly ever happened but since there were fireworks there would be enough light to play.

—Time Skip—
It was finally 6pm and you grabbed your glove and waited for Benny and Smalls to pick you up. Once they arrived you three headed out, when you crossed the streets you saw many firecrackers, lights and a lot of food. Ham was already stuffing his face with all the food and it looked good, so you quickly grabbed a hotdog before you guys left.
-First POV-
We finally got to the sandlot and I was a couple bites away from finishing my hotdog. "HURRY UP Y/N YOU'RE UP TO BAT!" I rolled my eyes at squints and stuffed the last part and grabbed Benny's bat. I got ready in position and hit the ball far but not far enough to go over the fence. I sprinted the bases but then Bertram had the ball at 3rd, I was so close to home so I slid. Just after I had passed home base ham caught the ball, "SAFE!" I jumped up and cheered, Benny was smiling at me, I could tell he was proud.
Up next Benny was up to bat, the outfield scooted back a bit just in case the ball went far but not far enough, but of course we knew it was going over the fence. DeNunez gave Benny the heater and then he swung at it, sending the ball high. As the ball was in the sky, the fireworks exploded with it. We were all too in shock to even try to catch it, I kept my eyes on the fireworks, they were amazing.
I felt a hand brush against mine and I looked over to see Benny looking up beside me, "they're beautiful.. just like you." I've never felt my cheeks heat up like they did right now. He grabbed my hand and tightening his grip then let it loose again, rubbing his thumb on my hand. My heart fluttered as I let my head rest on his shoulder. I wanted this to last forever..
———
It was time for us to leave so we got our stuff and headed home. There were still a couple people outside in their front yards cooking and chatting which gave me a sense of comfort and joy. Next to me was Benny on my left and Smalls on my right.
"Today was a fun day, what do you guys think?" Smalls looked up at me and nodded, "today was great, wish I could do it again." I smiled and Benny replied, "as long as I'm with you guys, everyday is a fun and great day."
——
   We got to my front door and I waved at Smalls as he entered his house across the street from mine. I then turned  my attention to Benny who was looking at me with those amazing eyes, "glad you had fun today, sucks that summer is almost ending." I could hear the disappointment in his voice.
"I Knowww, it's gonna be a lot harder to play baseball when we start school."
"Yea, we should all make the most of these last few weeks."
I nodded at his statement and walked closer to him and gave him a hug. He has been such a great friend since day one and I've never been so happy to have a friend like him. I could only wish and dream we were more than that but whatever happens, happens; I just don't want to loose him altogether. He hugged me back and pulled away, "I'll see you tomorrow! Bye y/n!"
"Bye Benny!"
This better not be a dream.
I slightly pinched myself just in case but of course I knew I wasn't dreaming, it's real, it felt real. I went inside my house and got ready for bed, I slipped in my sheets and sighed; today was an amazing day, that's for sure.

Before you speak don't move cause I don't wanna wake up..
———————————————————————————————
A/N
Very cheesy.
👉The song "REM"by Ariana Grande that inspired this fic is at the top!
Bye bye
New update tomorrow! 💕💗🌟❤️💚💙💘🎊⭐️💕❤️💞✨