9: "You Play Ball Like a Girl!" (Prt.2)

~First POV~
We got our gear together and a guy from the other team was first off to bat.
"PPPPLAYYYYYYYY BALLLLLLLL!!" my blood started rushing as soon as the game started. I took my place on center field and concentrated. I heard some laughter from the other team in the dugout but I ignored it.
"Hurry up batter, it's gonna be a short game and I gotta get home for lunch." The batter took his position and missed the first time.
"That's one!" Ham said laughing at the batter. I was ready to catch a fly ball but it may seem there won't be any in this game and I started to relax a little, but not entirely.
"If my dog, was as ugly as you, I'd shave his butt and tell him to walk backwards."
I kept looking towards the catcher's place and Ham made the signal for 'the heater'.
"Okay here it comes.... And STRIKE THREE your out!" It was finally Phillip's turn to hit and you were ready.
"Hey, is that your sister on left field, naked? She's naked."
The ball passed right by Phillips. "SHUT UP PORTER!"
"Hey hey.. I'm just trying to have a friendly conversation, c'monnn; you think she'll go out with me?"
———
It was our turn to bat.
FFFF Im so nervous brooo
I sat in the dugout waiting for my turn up to bat. My leg was bouncing up and down in a rapid pace while I stared off to the field. I then felt a warm hand on my shoulder.
"Hey, it's gonna be alright, we got this!" I wasn't sure if Benny was just saying that to comfort me but it only slightly worked. Tommy was first up, he got into position and hit the ball, it went far enough to the outfield but the centerfield didn't catch it. I let out a small breath praying that we'd win this. Next it was Timmy, then Yeah-Yeah, squints, Bertram, DeNunez, and Smalls. Benny was second to last, last being me.
Save best for last I guess..
He stood in his position and hit the ball very far. He sprinted the bases and got himself in a pickle. He ran back and forth multiple times until he stepped on home plate. Then it was my turn. I took a deep breath in and grabbed my bat. I brought mine hoping to give me good luck, even though it would be an extra.
"You got this y/n! Show 'me your stuff!" I slightly nodded and stepped on the box. It was as if everything played out in slow motion, my feet felt heavy and my vision was blurring.
Just like softball.. they got nothin on you. You can do this.
I keep reassuring myself and I think I'm ready. The pitcher wound up the ball and threw it.
"Strike one!"
I let out a huff of breath as my team kept cheering while some guys from the other team laughed and snickered.
Fine. Guess I'll shut them up myself.
The pitcher wound up and threw the ball once again except this time I hit it. I sprinted the bases like never before, the wind rushing past my ears.
Third base.
I kept running fully aware that the third base now possessed the ball. I wouldn't make it if I kept running so I slid just like my first game with the guys, and right after I passed the base, the catcher caught the ball.
"SAFE!"
I couldn't believe it! I did it!!
"ALRIGHT Y/N!!!"
"YOU DID IT!"
I couldn't help but smile proudly. "And who said a girl can't play baseball?!" The other team gave me a slight glare but I wiped it off.
———
I was now walking home with Smalls and Benny. "You were amazing y/n!" Smalls said with excitement hinted in his voice. "Thanks! I was honestly so nervous, I couldn't believe it!"
I turned to Benny and he gave me a smile. "You really killed it out there y/n, I was so amazed!"
I smiled at benny's statement and felt even more proud of myself.
"Well I'll see you two later, bye Benny, bye y/n!"
"Bye Smalls!" Both Benny and I said.
"Today was great and by far one of my best games."
"It was, Im so glad we won, and I'm very happy for you to show them what you got."
"Now we can finally say that Phillips got beat by a girl." I said half laughing.
"Yea.." Benny tailed off and stared at my lips but then realized what he was doing and shook himself.
"Well I'll see you tomorrow L/n (last name)." He sent me a wink and my cheeks heated up. "Bye Benny!"
I entered the house and got ready for dinner. Today we had bread sticks with some pasta. I loved chicken alfredo, it tastes very good. Once I finished up I picked up my mess and cleaned myself up before watching a movie downstairs. I watched (favorite movie) F/m and eventually I fell asleep on the couch.
———————————————————————————————
A/N
Heressss part 2!
More updates coming soon!
💚💗✨💕💙💘💞💗