In a matter of seconds, another figure came whooshing in through the window. Shoot, I forgot to close it. I could tell it was a guy, but his face was hidden in the darkness. Slowly, he walked into the bright moonlight.

  I heard myself take in a sharp breath. No this can't be. No no no no no no no.

  It was Stefan, with the same cruel, hard smile like Katherine. His face once again coated with fresh blood. His smile disappeared as his fangs let themselves free. Oh god! A soft laugh came from Katherine.

  " See for yourself who Stefan's going to kill." My mind went blank, I saw Stefan reaching for me. He was getting closer and closer, while I got closer to death......

  "NOOOO!" I woke up screaming. It was sunny in my room. No Katherine. No Stefan. My heart was still pounding,  as I let out a relieved sigh....it was all just a dream.

  Today was a week from the night Stefan attacked me and also the day of Caroline's party. I've been having the same nightmare all week, always ending just when Stefan was about to rip my throat open.

   I shuddered at the thought, trying to think of something else. Damon said that Stefan was regaining his control and he'll be at the party, too. I was happy and nervous at the same time. I missed Stefan, I really did. But I couldn't help but be a little afraid that he'll lose control again.

  Have some faith in him Elena, I told myself, and got up to get ready. It was Caroline's big day, she's probably invited everyone in town.

  Dressed in a plain purple shirt and jeans, I walked down stairs to find that Jeremy and Jenna were already waiting for me.

  "Ready?" I smiled.

  " Ready." they both echoed.

  "Alright then." we all got in the car and drove towards Caroline's house.

  Loud music blasted out from the house, so loud we heard it from a block away.

  Caroline was standing at the door, welcoming everyone into the party. She was wearing the dress she wore in the pageant, and the crown of Miss Mystic Falls. She looked stunning and so happy that my mood lightened up, too.

  " Hey Care!" I shouted and run towards her, as Jenna and Jeremy went to greet their own friends.

  " Elena! Oh I'm so glad you are here!" she squealed in her Caroline way as she grabbed me into a bear hug.

  I coughed from being squeezed too hard, and she released me, apologizing over and over again. Then she looked behind me and smiled. " Hey! Your lover boy is here!"

  I turned around and there he was. Stefan, looking brilliant as usual. Calm and gentle like he had always been. No blood, no fangs. Just Stefan.

  He smiled and opened his arms. I ran to him and felt his arms close around my waist. So warm like the hug Damon gave me a week ago. I look up to see his green eyes looking down at me. And I felt it, disappointment. Those eyes lacked of something I couldn't put my finger on. Maybe it's not as piercing and intense. Maybe it's not crystal blue. Something. But they couldn't see to mesmerize me like Damon's eyes did.

  Whoa. Where did that came from? It's Stefan that's hugging me, not Damon. Is this what Bonnie was talking about? Do Damon and I really have something special?

  " God I'm so sorry Elena. I promise, it will never, ever, EVER happen again. All this week, it was because of you that I made it through this. I missed you....so much..." Stefan's voice stopped me from my thoughts. Shaking my head, I tried not to think of Damon anymore.