Silent Love Chpt, 1

Silent Love

Chapter 1: New Country

"Asrai come on pet, the New Country's just up ahead." I hadn't realized that I was daydreaming again. Mummy and daddy were ahead of me, I fastened my pace so that I was at their side once more.

Were going to the New Country today. The New Country is where Humans and Dark Lights live along side each other. Not all are good but there is a sense of peace. Better that than dinner I say. There's really this tall dark gate fence that separates us but its better than nothing. We just entered the dark, plastic tube an hour ago which leads us to the New Country. Our new home.

My rucksack began to sag, I jerked forward to heave it up around my shoulders again. It was a bit on the heavy side, it carried Zeta my doll, a family picture of us, my umbrella, some food and most of all my notebook and pen. I need my notebook, or else no one would hear me.

Daddy reached out and took my hand as we neared the gates of our new life. I feel slightly nervous, my stomach was twisting. Only to let go once we got there. I peeked threw the bars to take a little look of my new home.

There, not far beyond the gate was a small grey, bricked building with door's on either side and a big rectangular window in the centre. But in front of the window there was a dark gate separating the whole country into two sides. I guess this is the famous barrier. Humans on one and the Dark Light's on the other.

The left side have really pretty light cobble stone paths and roads. Pretty white and peach houses, that looked like decent sized cottages, outside the houses however were children and people of all ages. There were the elders and adults sitting around chatting while some had a baby then there at the side there were the girls playing hopscotch while a few boys played around with a football. It looked like a dream. It had a happy and homey vibe to the place.

The right side was different. The cobble stoned paths and roads were greys of all colours. The cottages were dark colours of greys, blue's with a few white. The people on the streets seemed just as happy and content as the other side. The adults and elders were chatting away happily, with some with a baby in their arms, the girls were play with a skipping rope while the boys played with a rugby ball. The two sides were similar yet different. The left had a happy yet dangerous vibe to it.

I turned to see my mother and father talking to someone in the left box. Above the box it said:

Humans welcome!

Oh. I guess the humans are on the left side. I felt slightly relived at that. So that must mean that the right side was home to the Dark Light's.

My parents walked back over to me again, with one on each side of me. I caught dad staring down at me with a little smile, I smiled back up at him with one of my biggest and best smiles. Dad once told me that just one of my smiles brighten up his whole day. He reached to take my hand once more just as the gates opened.

New Country here we come! Something tells me that my life here is going to be very interesting!

We walked by the playing children and the chattering adults to get to our wee two bedroom cottage up a little path. Ours was just a little away from the streets and had a few pine tree's surrounding it. The cottage itself looked like it was out of one of those fairytales I read about. It had light brown faded walls with a dark brown thatched roof and a little wooden door. There were my favourite flowers enclosing it. Lavenders.

I gasped at the sight of it and let go of dad's hand to run on ahead. It's a dream come true! I picked at the stem of a small piece of lavender for our new home. Mum and dad walked on ahead to get the first check around the cottage.

Once I got into the actual cottage it looked as good as it did out the front. Clean oak floor with the oak beams hanging down from the ceiling, the walls were another story, they were a cream colour, very plain. The whole house inside was very plain yet simple. I love it! Knowing mum though, the house won't stay bare for long, she made sure over the past five years that she took a lot of photo's, I've even seen pictures of them on their wedding day. Mum was so very pretty and dad was very handsome, in fact it kind of looked like mum was a princess that had finally found her prince. I hope I find mine one day.

My rucksack was starting to slip again but this time I let it, instead I caught it in one hand and began to run towards the bedrooms so I could get the biggest one.

They were both around the same size only difference is that one had a double bed and the other had a single. I walked into the single room. I don't mind the walls were a nice, lavender colour. Mum and dad's were a light ocean blue. It seem to suit since of their passion of the beach along with their calm and free personalities.

I dumped my bag at the door and ran to look out my window. My window looked out onto the back garden, the garden which was filled with the lavenders like the front garden. It looked picture perfect and to set it of my view was framed by my white window frame with lavender satin curtains. My room was perfect. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that my favourite colours lavender. Which lucky for me are the colours of my eyes, but then again they do have a whitey silvery swirls, but the lavender is still clear.

The rest of the day was spent by unpacking boxes with my mum and dad. While mum cooked the dinner me and dad went out to pick a bunch of lavenders for the dinner table.

It was around 8 in the evening but that's when the mayor of the village came. He rang the door bell and I let him in, he asked for my name and that's when things went downhill.

How will the people in the village react to find out that I am mute?

"Speak child. Where are your manners? I-" My mother cut her him off, im guessing she seen the unshed tears in my eyes. I'd love to speak sir but I can't. I just can't.

"Mr Hyman, im sorry to say but my daughter can't talk."

Mr Hyman stood, and walked over towards my parents. He whispered thinking that I couldn't hear what he said, but I did and it hurt.

"Is she slow? Stupid? Does she have special needs?" That's when my dad spoke, he never raises his voice but he must have changed his mind.(Im sorry if anyone is any of the above :D )

"My daughter is not slow, nor stupid and she does not have special needs! Yes she has a condition but a condition that may not ever lift. I know you're the mayor but I will not stand anyone disrespecting my daughter! And before you ask her condition being that she's mute!" Mr Hyman looked taken aback and to be honest so was I. Not only did he raise his voice but he said something that my parents never told me.

Im going to be mute forever and there's nothing they can do about it. That's when I felt the tears form and ran to my bedroom and slammed my door behind me. Then I lay on my bed and cried myself to sleep not caring that I was still in the pink dress I wore that day.