"Sorry." I muttered before trying to relax. I had no idea I'd done that. The bond already has me over protective, how will I end this, knowing I'll be breaking her heart, because believe me, that'll happen. Although she might not understand, she'll feel the bond break once I say the words, she'll feel everything, and so will I.

"Are you going to go after her? She left in her truck." Amy continued in front of me. I turned my attention to her again, distracting myself from painful thoughts.

"Do you know where she lives?" Amy nodded. "The cabin, near Rick and Lisa's. What are you going to do?" She muttered slowly, her voice softened at the end of her statement.

My eyes shone with a kind of determination I've grown extremely familiar with. When I was this determined, I did whatever it was I had to do, it didn't matter how big of a deal it is, it didn't matter who or what I had to kill to do it, I did it. I was going to do this, for my mates sake, I was.

"I'm going to reject her." I said. My voice was firm, my face was hard, but my heart was bleeding at the pain those words caused. I didn't let it show on my face, the internal struggle going on inside of me, my wolfs agonising pain and suffering, I let none of it show. I couldn't, I shouldn't.

For her sake!

"W - what?!" Amy shrieked. Eyes widening at my shocking answer. Her lips patted and I watched her come up with something to say, but no words came out those lips. After a while, she finally managed a, "are you insane?" Her eyes were wide as she glared at me. I shook off her disrespect because I understood what she felt from her point of view. This was her rightful Luna we were talking about, I was taking that away from them to. I was taking her away from all of them, my pack.

Suddenly she held my hand, dragging me out of the diner she owned practically since birth, away from curious prying ears.

When we got outside, the abrupt change in weather was obvious. Inside the diner it was warm and cosy, outside was harsh, not that the cold bothered me, but today the wind seemed to attack me especially, as if punishing me for the decision I'm about to make.

"Quinn?! Are you seriously going to do this? It's not right." Amy continued, she tugged at my hand and jacket, desperately trying to make me see reason. But I did see it, I saw reason, I saw everything.

"Amy, I appreciate your concern, but I can't accept her. She's a. . . She's human." I sighed at my last words.

"So?" Amy said not giving up, as if that one statement wasn't enough reason. Honestly, did I have to spell every word out to her? Every risk? Every false hope I'd be having if I accepted her. "You blasphemies Quinn. The moon goddess sent her to you for a reason,"

"Yeah, to punish me." I cut her off. But Amy wasn't fazed, she continued, "if she didn't think she was right for you and our pack she would never have done this. I trust in her decision for gifting you that sweet girl, and you should too. This is not just your decision to make Quinn, you can't act impulsively and harshly." I was quite, and torn. My wolf was quick to agree with Amy, to cling on to every word she's just said, trust in the moon goddess. That freaking moon goddess, is she having a mental break down, or what. If only I could see sense in all of this, if only I could see and understand the reason behind all of this.

"Hell, that sweet lady as always loved wolves, now I know why. Because her mate was one." Amy gave me a hard look as she continued, "her mate who was about to break her fragile poor heart. She came into this town looking for wolves, she found a big bad one instead," Amy scoffed, "the irony."

Now I was confused, was the night seizing her brain already, what's with all the muttered rubbish? "What do you mean Amy?"

"She's a wolf biologist, that's what I'm saying. She's not from around here, she could have gone anywhere else for her research, yet she came here. I've never seen anything more obvious, even to a stupid fool."

"Amy?" I warned in a low voice, her disrespect was beginning to grate me.

"This is fate Quinn." She said in a firm voice, "You can't fight it. You can't fight destiny. That girl was supposed to be your mate, our Luna, throwing her away just like that is not such a good idea don't you think?"

I bit the inside of my cheek, hard. "Zazie. . ."

"Will learn her place." Amy said immediately, cutting me off. Her voice was strong, and her stance and body language denoted resolution, a sought of finality, but she forgot, this wasn't her choice to make, at least not alone. "The two of you are not mates, and she's not our true Luna."

I sighed. "You don't understand, I promised Zazie, this will feel like a betrayal."

"From what I'm seeing, our future Luna is more important than Zazie's hurt feelings."

"Zazie will challenge her, and when she does, it would be perfectly justified. My mate's human, how is she to fight a crazy wolf like Zazie. She'd loose, and then she'll be dead. At least this way I can protect her. I can't have her but I can let her live her life, happily away from here."

She gave me a condescending looking, her gaze was anywhere but on me. "A life that's not worth living anyway without her mate. She'll be miserable Quinn, all her life. She'll be miserable without you, without us. She'll be lonely."

"Amy!" I growled, the sound was terrifying and yet sounded pained. I was breathing faster than normal, my fists clenched beside me so hard, I felt like punching it into something, breaking something.

Amy went awfully stiff before me. She said nothing, made no move, lest she made a mistake of aggravating me further. She's already pushed me to my limits this evening, anymore, and I would be unrecognisable. Anymore shove, and the ruthless killer I'm known as will surface, and when it does, things could get bloody pretty fast.

"I've made my decision. Tell all the wolves who were in the diner this evening not to breathe a word that I found my mate to anyone. Tell them it's their Alpha's order, anyone who disobeys will face my wrath."

And I was gone.

Off to look for my mate.

Off to break her heart.

Off to break mine.

A/n.

This chapter turned out to be longer than I wanted it to be, so I had to divide it into half.

Anticipate the next chapter. Will Quinn be strong enough to reject her? What is going to happen?

He's reasons for wanting to reject her goes beyond what as been explained above, and they will all be revealed as you read further into the story, then you can decide if his reasons are enough and essential.

Thanks for staying with the story, hope you continue.

Comment and vote if you like the above piece.

Add to library to be informed of when I update.

So people, here I go. Stay corona safe, I beg you.

Peace.

Faruq.