chapter 2

Amy's Diner up above.

Amy's Diner was bigger than it looked from outside, and moderately crowded, even at this hour of the night. I made my way to my favourite table, thanking Lord it was empty. It was by the conner, very private, I wasn't exactly in the mood for company.

Amy herself approached me as soon as I sat. She was an older woman probably in her mid thirties. She had her Auburn hair packed in a bun on top of her head, her light blue waitressing costume was a little too tight at the top, but that was due to the very big blossom she carried. She looked the picture of innocence with her petite feature, -of course minus her boobs, there was nothing petite about those boobs. She was not stunning, but beautiful enough to make some men kneel.

"I sent the girls home early today, they both had some excuse or another. What a coincidence don't you think Ms Cassidy?"

I smiled, "please call me Lydia."

Amy nodded. Her eyes twinkled, "little guinea over there, "she pointed at a lanky middle aged - looking man sitting with a group of other guys. "He saw 'em both off at Jacqueline's scooping extra hours. Turns out Sandy's grandma wasn't sick and Laura's baby brother didn't need baby sitting - well aside from the fact that said baby brother is nearly a man at fifteen." Amy smiled a carefree one, like she didn't mind that her two employees had lied to her to go work somewhere else. "In which case, you're stuck with me for today. So, I've you been seeing any wolves yet?"

"Actually no." I eyed her suspiciously. Sure, Amy was real friendly and a little too chatty but the way she asked had me thinking she knew something I didn't. "Have you?" She laughed lightly and patted my shoulder.

"Of course. Darling you'd be surprised, they are not as scarce as you think them to be." As she talked, her eyes grew darker, and I suddenly felt wary of her.

My lips patted uneasily, confused, there was something in those eyes, in that tone, that had me shifting back in my seat,  to put a little distance between us, as far as I can manage. I frowned, unsure why I suddenly felt like this, for gods sake, it's Amy, the woman was as harmless as air.

"So, what would you like me to get you first?"

"Water, thank you." She nodded then turned to get it while I flipped over the menu. I wanted to try everything here, but then I didn't think I could make that work without turning heads whose jaws have dropped to the floor, or without my own dinner swallowing me up. Amy was already dropping a glass of water in front of me by the time I finally willed my mind to decide.

Pretty soon, she was back with my order, gliding through the diner with practiced effortless grace. I didn't hesitate to bury my face in my food, moaning as pure heaven melted on my tongue.

I was ravenous, it seemed as if I was hungrier with each spoonful I took. Anger did make me the hungry beast. I eat like a barbarians house wife, not caring how unladylike my actions deemed me. Something Jason would have totally disapproved of.

If he was here with me sitting across the table from me, I'm sure he'd have been buried sea deep in embarrassment and fury. Oh yes he would have. He was the primp and proper type of guy, not a shoe lace out of place, I-got-issues-with-looking-human-once-in-a-while, control freak. That alone should have driven me a far distance away, but no, damn the fucking attraction. Chemistry was a big mistake.

My thoughts danced around dangerous territory, making me grow angry, and the angrier I got, the hungrier I became, the more I attacked my food, like it was Jason's ass I was poking my fork into, his nice and primp ass. I didn't stop, until I felt a wave wash over me and I was knocked off my reverie.

It was indescribable. It felt good, at the same time it made me feel wary, making the hair at the back of my neck stand erect, because it felt strangely familiar.