chapter 3

Quinn's POV.

I can't believe it, not now, not ever. My mate is human? How the hell is that possible? No, what the fuck?

I lifted my head to the sky as soon as I came out of the diner - which was immediately she, my mate disappeared to go to the bathroom - you mock me now? I thought as I stared at the pale moon, at the mythical creature that hid behind it, what my kind and me thought was divine.

Why the hell would she have me mate a human? After all this years?

I sighed, very deeply, because if this was true, then things were about to get messy pretty soon. I have to make sure. She couldn't be my mate could she? I got it all wrong didn't I?

No, you idiot. She's our mate. I scowled. If my wolf was so sure she was our mate, how could I deny the truth as it lay obvious in front of me. The fact that every fibre in my body wanted to follow her into that toilet should be enough for confirmation.

But she was human? I was sure she was human, she had the same natural scent and aura most humans carry.

I can't take her home.

How can I? I'll be signing off her death sentence, I can't do that to her. I growled, low and feral at the thought. She wouldn't survive a day in my world.

So why was I gifted her? Is this some sought of joke? A mockery? Give me a taste of what I've longed for for many years now, then when I feel like I couldn't live a more happier, more exciting, a more settled life, with a snap of a finger take it all away? Because that's how mates make you feel, they give you a sense of stability, nothing feels more important than your other half, nothing. But now I was getting punished wasn't I?

Is this karma? Had I wronged someone in my past life? Ha! I sighed, this was difficult. This was painfully difficult. I was getting attached. I need to end it before it gets worse.

Hell, I won't be manipulated like this, I've got my pack, I've got my family, and friends, I've got Zazie, I've got everything but a mate, shit!

Zazie - if the harshness and brutality of the world I live in don't kill her, Zazie would.

Now very determined, I rushed back into the diner, but my eyes were so much in my thoughts I didn't notice someone was in front of me, I didn't notice until I collided with self person, the contents of what she was carrying in a tray flew about everywhere around me as she was startled by my sudden presence.

"Alpha!" Amy gasped. She flushed before hurrying to clean the mess we made about her. All the while my eyes scanned the diner, but there was no sights of her. Her intoxicating scents lingered, wrapping me in an embrace I didn't want. It was the bond, shit it was strong. She wasn't here, yet she's affecting me this way already. This was going to be hard, possibly the hardest thing I've had to do my entire life.

"Where's she?" I asked impatient, Amy straightened to glare at me, she dusted her hand on her apron before crossing them over her chest in a defiant gesture.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm sorry for running into you. I should I've payed attention to where I was about. Now Where's she?"

"That was much better Quinn, and for your sake, I'll pretend I know who you are talking about. She's gone." Amy said simply.

My gaze furrowed and all of me tensed. She's gone? "What do you mean she's gone?"

Amy jumped back a couple of feet away from me. "How did you interpret that? I meant she went home, now please stop giving me that dangerous look that warns me you're about to bite someone's head off and feed the remains to their families." She said, frantically, face flushed.

Her Man Beastजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें