"Yes. Yes, I am."

"I know getting attacked can be scary, but you of all people can handle yourself. Why call us?" Natasha Romanoff wondered, her face blank as per usual. The redheaded agent was an expert in combat and assassination. The public knew her as Black Widow when she was out heroing.

"I wasn't attacked by people, but monsters. I tried to shoot them, but my bullets either went through them or bounced off," I explained.

"How'd you get away?" Clint Barton, an archer and assassin named Hawkeye, asked.

"I didn't," I responded. "A kid a few years older than Peter showed up and killed them." Peter Parker glanced up at the mention of his name. Peter was going into his sophomore year of high school and had been bitten by a radioactive spider. Now, he would go out decked in full body spandex to fight crime as Spiderman.

"A kid? How'd he do that?" asked Wanda Maximoff, a sorceress known as Scarlet Witch.

"He had what seemed to be a bronze sword, although it almost glowed. When the monsters were killed, they turned into gold dust."

"Describe these monsters," Thor Odinson asked. Thor was the Norse god of thunder and was still called Thor when in battle. He had long blond hair and a beard.

"Women with two snake tails for legs," I deadpanned.

"They sound like the Greek dracaena," Thor decided. "I will look into this in Asgard."

"The kid wouldn't say his name, told me to forget it even happened because he doubted it would happen again, but I heard one of the monsters address him during the fight. I found his file. I want to bring him in and see if he's trustworthy. He might have Avengers potential," I ordered as I set the thin folder on the glass table.

"Fury, he's just a kid," Steve Rogers, the super soldier known as Captain America, protested. He was a strong and blond soldier.

"It's about time we start training the next generation of elite to become Avengers. You guys cannot do this forever," I pointed out. Cap nodded.

"How should we do this, then?" Natasha asked.

"You'll inject him with a tranq when you pass him on the street. Bring him in. I'll tell him he's been selected to train to become a government operative and that you people are here to train him. Peter can pretend to be another trainee. Keep up the act until you're sure he can be trusted with the truth. Let me know if he turns out rotten and just before you reveal yourselves as the Avengers. Understood?"

A chorus of agreement flowed throughout the room.

Tony Stark grabbed the kid's file and opened it. "Okay, team. Looks like we'll be meeting Perseus Jackson in the near future."

Peter paled. "Percy? We went to school together when I was in the fourth grade. We were good friends during recess, but he got expelled after accidentally blowing up a school bus on a field trip!" he exclaimed.

Thor laughed. "This will be interesting. I think I'll stay at a SHIELD base when I return to Midgard. I fear I might give away our little secret."

"If you believe that is necessary, then very well," I decided. "Dismissed."

A/N Wassup? My name is Jocelyn and I'll be your author throughout this fanfic. I don't edit (due to writing a lot of different projects, some public and some that will hopefully be published for real one day), but if you point out mistakes, I'll fix them for sure. I also don't do alot of A/Ns, so if there is one it's probably important.

I've got a decent idea of who will end up as the villain, but it'll be a while before that comes into play, so feel free to send suggestions!

I'm always happy to read comments and see what you're thinking, so don't be shy!:)

God bless!

Edit: Hiiiiiiii!!! Future Jocelyn is here!!!! First of all, I wanted to say that I'm not super proud of the beginning of this. It isn't my best, but it's also not worse than any other pjo avengers fanfic out there. Yes, the beginning relies on clichés. Yes, the Avengers act like turds at times. Honestly? I don't care anymore. The beginning of this was written a while ago, and I was really obsessed with some of the bad tropes I used, but that's okay. It made me happy at the time, and I've decided that I don't want to hate myself for that, which used to be the case. (I know, it's kinda stupid/silly)

That being said, I'd still stick around because the plot that's been planned is going to be quite the twist, and I really think you'll enjoy it as much as I do.

If you do continue, please don't be that reader. I know some stuff is cringe. There are plenty of comments letting me know. How would you feel if you constantly got reminded of mistakes you'd made that, by all means, should be water under the bridge?

I've grown a lot as an author since this project was started over a year ago, so I've tried to fix some of the relationship issues that present themselves early on, but I can't guarantee that it's a perfect patch.

Anyway, enjoy!

Edit #2: the doctor scene used to be a lot worse. I fixed it, but don't remember every time it gets referenced in the future to edit those, apologies