𝟎𝟏 ❛ sanguine ❜

Start from the beginning

And just like her, her two infamous brothers were just as special. Also having handsome features like her, it is no surprise to him that they were the cause of many boys and girls falling for them hard. Everyday groups of both would hoard them with them having no space of privacy left, though they didn't mind them as they just ignored other people. Kakashi chuckled at their similarities. What a shame that they turned out like this.

And not only that, just like how they looked dangerous, their unique skills were already an essential asset to the village and even considered superb, especially her and her elder brother's. They overshadowed those older in age quite easily when they were in their younger days, even in academy, resulting in them graduating in first place prior the rest of the classmates, always. They just seem to attract many dangers, including Danzo's scouting and the disturbing experiments of Orochimaru, all of them desiring their already unlocked eyes, though these two were able to defend themselves - whether mentally or physically, something that her younger brother couldn't achieve.

Seeing her hard stare, he just chuckled nervously, swallowing all his prepared speech of the book being a masterpiece, and what not.

He silently puts his book back onto his pouch, forgetting momentarily that he was actually older and her superior on this A-class mission, since she sometimes behaves more maturely than him. She reminds him of his old childhood days, being the emotionless and distant brat he was. However, unlike him she was always humble about her abilities, not bragging at all unless to provoke her enemies. But Kakashi? He used every chance to show off his superiority to the other ones, of course not actively but more passively, especially to Obito.

Thinking about it, he sure was a cocky brat.

"You know... Maybe you should loosen up a little." He said, breaking the tense silence between them. "It won't do you any good. You're still young, just enjoy your free time with Anko or something."

"Good thing to hear it from you, considering that you have taken your own advice a little bit too far." She didn't sound accusing at all, rather she was teasing him from his 180° transformation that no one could've expected.

"Well, I'm just saying. What happened to Sasuke wasn't your fault, so stop blaming yourself for things he has chosen." Hesitantly he said those words, not sure how she will react, fearing that she might turn mad, just like when he told Naruto.

Though as a reply came a sigh. "Kakashi, I appreciate your kind concern, but I do not think that we should talk about it any further."

They now focused on the search, and kept looking out for any chakra signs, though they couldn't find any existence of life in the forest. Which was suspicious as it was too quiet and peaceful. Birds chirping, a luscious green scenery hiding all sorts of animals and perhaps even men. If she didn't know any better, she would have considered this world being as peaceful as it looks. Though that illusion was gone when suddenly they heard a twig being snapped. Not because someone stepped on it, no, it was because of something else.

"Who's there?", she asked warily as she took it a kunai out of her pouch.

"Oops! It seems like Tobi did a mistake." Voiced out the stranger as he emerged from the tree above, landing right before them.

Revealed was their one and only target, Tobi, holding a twig which was hardly considered as a weapon. He now pointed it towards her.

"Don't think that Tobi will make the same mistakes twice! Because Tobi learns from Tobi's mistakes. You won't be able to beat Tobi!", he spoke childishly. At first glance Tobi just seemed ridiculous, waving the twig, provoking them to attack him. However, they knew better than attacking without any thought. There is a reason why Tobi was a member of Akatsuki, an organization consisting of the most dangerous criminals. So even if he acted uniquely and quite different than the other members, they couldn't underestimate him. Especially since they wouldn't have found him, if didn't make the seemingly stupid mistake.

"Why are you here, Tobi. Do you have any business at the borders of Konohagakure?", Kakashi questioned him, but as expected of the extremely insane ninja, his reaction was just a girlish giggle.

"Tobi was only picking flowers because Tobi likes flowers. Flowers are beautiful, just like Yua-chan", he complimented while started twiddling his thumbs.

'How curious.' She thought, not really fazed by his sudden compliment. Considering the many admirers, she had who gave her tons of such hideous statements, it really was nothing special to her.

"My, my. I think it's hopeless to expect any kind of serious answer." Kakashi sweat-dropped while looking at his teammate.

"Do not worry about that, Kakashi." She mumbled out softly, but loud enough for him to hear.

"Tell me, where is the secret hideout?", she demanded as she suddenly appeared before Tobi, swinging her kunai right in front of his mask and almost slashing it, as he evaded her not as proficient as she expected him to be.

"Gah--! You shouldn't attack people out of nowhere. It scares people, even Tobi is very scared of you right now", complained the childish-like man while striking different awkward poses as he tries his very best to avoid the fast-incoming attacks. She could only raise her eyebrow at his ridiculous movements as she threw her kunais at him. He deflected them with his own weapons while jumping back as far as possible. Though not fast enough.

"Katon: Gokakyu no Jutsu [ Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique ]." She muttered before she released the jutsu that is typical for the Uchiha Clan.

The fire that she created made the Akatsuki-Cloak catch on fire which made the man squeal like a little child, while being too engrossed with the little fire as well as his role as the unreliable member of the Akatsuki. As a child he wasn't the cleverest genin, though he wasn't too stupid to not notice that the female took the opportunity to attack him with her katana.

Her sword-fighting abilities were unrivalled, even to those in her clan who specialized in Kenjutsu. And he knew that - hell, everyone with a Bingo Book knew that. And he also knew that in hand-to-hand combat he would've no chance, if he had no Sharingan that is. So, with that and her remarkable speed she manage to press her blade on the Tobi's neck.

"Do me a favour and tell me before you die a miserable death by my hands."

Don't forget to comment and vote!