chapter 1

Have you ever loved someone so much that after they left you behind, you could live happily just in the memories that they left you? I know it must have hurt you a lot, you must have cried a lot too but you must have moved on, right? Physically, you must have lost them but, you can't ever lose them mentally, as our first love is something we can never forget ........

In this modern world many people just don't believe in love. They think it is all fake, something that just hurts them and never gives happiness. Some of them say there is no emotion named love in this world. But, somewhere deep in our heart we all wish to have someone special- who can love us the most and care for us, and we can live happily ever after like a fairy-tale.

But life is always unpredictable, we can't always live a happy life like a fairy tale.

There are many people living in this world and surely god has made someone for you. They might be in any corner of the world, they will definitely meet you some day.

But it was not the same clause for me.

I found someone I would love in my sophomore. I was very grateful to have her. I had spent many years to find someone special like her. She was actually my opposite. She was very shy, on the other side, I was very free and outgoing. She was scared of the world outside but I was actually good at making friends. She lacked self-confidence but I had in abundance. Her name was Rachel. After all, having everything opposite, eventually she was the perfect one for me. She was my first and last love. Actually many girls used to love me as I was Mr all-rounder. I always topped the class since from my school till the sophomore. And I was the popular boy of my college. Hey, I know you have heard that popular boys never study and they have great looks and are always involved in the sports. But it can't be the same always right? I was the topper, the best in sports, best in arts like dancing and singing. Yeah! And because of all this I was Mr all-rounder.

I used to live in the capital of our city where all the rich people lived. I and Rachel have been friends since school days but never found her to be my soul mate. It was few months before when I realized how much I loved her.

But on the other side Rachel never believed in love at all. She never trusted relationships in her life. Her family and my family were not really knit together.

Rachel was really a very good girl. But there was always a glint of sadness in her eyes. She was polite as well as humble. She always helped people as per her possibilities. Rachel had long, beautiful ebony hair and ocean blue eyes. She wasn't very tall but was perfect in her own girly ways. Her eyes were the well where I could swim forever. She was very quiet and never loved to be the centre of attraction. She had the sweetest smile which would make my day.

Once I grasped courage to let her know how much I loved her, but then, when I went in front of her and asked her out, she was blushing, her cheeks tinted scarlet red and I thought it was my victory. But, a tear rolled down her cheeks and fell on my knuckle and her serious tone broke my happiness.

"No, I don't believe in love" was her simple reply.

It hurt me a lot. Then, when I was sad and sitting on the rock near the river, I saw my best friend Amanda arrive. She was the best gift of god to me. I can share every damn thing with her. As I told her about me and Rachel, she was shocked, she was thinking how this could happen, but then she hugged me tight and said "I am with you. I will do every damn thing possible to help you to get your love back."

I told myself that this was not the end, I had to get her back. I couldn't lose her. She was my heart and I couldn't live without her.

This is the story of Samston and Rachel. A story of their sweet and happening love ........