sugar neighbor - calum

Binge-watching my favorite show until 12 AM isn't one of my proudest achievements. I'm sat on my bed, engulfed in a blanket large enough to roll around my entire figure. Like a blanket burrito. A blurrito. I'm very keen on romance shows, proven by the genre of the series I'm watching currently.

The most I've gotten out of this so called 'romance' is my neighbor, Calum Hood or something, occupying my thoughts lately, ever since our little encounter when I first moved in. He was kind enough to give me a welcome gift, and he shrugged my 'thank you's off by a smile and a sly 'it runs in the family'. It didn't stop there; every chance I see him, there would be a conversation.

My binge-watching's interrupted by loud knocks on the front door. I groan, stubborn to leave my bed. But I get up eventually, with an attire of the blanket-burrito still wrapped around me toe to shoulder.

"Yes?" I open the door to find Calum with a beer mug in his hand. My eyes widen. There's a chance he's probably... drunk.

He has this warm smile, but I could tell he's nervous from the uneasy look on his face.

"Weird question but I was wondering if I could borrow a cup of sugar because my mom is coming and I don't want her to think I'm completely helpless," he says all in one breath, ending it with a wince and a smile. "Please?"

I take my assumption back – he's not drunk, not even a bit.

I laugh airily and nod, beckoning him to come inside my flat. He hands over the beer mug, and I let out a little 'oof' at the heavy weight. I walk to the kitchen, leaving him alone in the living room. While I scoop tablespoons of sugar into the mug, I laugh silently to myself about how Calum actually thought that the entire mug was one cup.

It took me a long moment to finally get the mug full, but I heard Calum giving himself a pep talk from afar, not that out of earshot.

"Y/n, you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen a-and my mom asks if we're dating because she knows I talk about you. All. The. Time." he says, then letting out a puff of air. "Will you... go out... with me,"

As soon as I finish filling up the mug I walk back out to the living room, he blurts, "We should dinner," and winces, rubbing his face as he mutters a line of profanities.

I smile at him. "I'd love to go to dinner with you." Calum's face lights up at your words, and I add, "but, I think you better get back to baking if you want to impress your mom."

Calum makes a noise, somewhere between a squeal and a whimper. He grins, and before I know it, I feel plump lips on my cheek with a big MWAH. Immediately, he runs out the door.

"I'll text you the deets! GOODNIGHT!"