xiii. welcome to the broken hearts club

[ 013

[ 013. WELCOME TO THE BROKEN HEARTS CLUB ]

 WELCOME TO THE BROKEN HEARTS CLUB ]

ANNE WOKE UP TO her head pounding. water. i need water. she lazily dragged herself out of bed and into her kitchen, only to find that a certain someone was there.

she gasped so hard that she almost fell over, luckily gilbert grabbed onto her arm just in time. "don't touch me" anne barked once she got a hold of the counter. "sorry" he immediately snatched his arm away.

"so are we going to talk about last night?" gilbert asked calmly. "how are you even here" anne replied, ignoring his question. "door was unlocked. eddie said to talk to you." he replied curtly. "great" she muttered to herself. "and to answer your question, there's nothing to talk about other than the fact that i walked into you stuffing your tongue down valery's mouth." anne snapped, walking around him to grab a glass and filling it with water.

"look i know that it looks bad but-" anne cuts him off "looks bad?! i was completely fooled by you and your games. i bet trying to get close to me was a sick prank you and valery had organised" "it's not like that and you know it." gilbert said firmly.

"do i though?" "yes you do. you can't tell me that you didn't feel something for me" anne hesitated for a moment before she continued. "of course i felt something. but i no longer do because you lied to me."

"i did not lie to you, not once! i can't believe you right now." "YOU CANT BELIEVE ME?" anne screamed. "yes you're acting childish. stop it." gilbert said angrily.

"how could you say that? im not the one at fault. you still haven't told me why you were making out with her."
"her? at least give her the common decency and say her name." "she doesn't deserve common decency. do fuck this. get out blythe."

"im not leaving until we settle this." "yeah well i don't want to have this conversation right now, okay? get out or im leaving." gilbert pondered this for a moment before deciding to leave. just before he stepped out of her door he turned around to her one last time. "whatever we had, it's over anne. im getting back together with val and im sure one of her rules will be to stay away from you and this time, i'll listen."

"go for it. you know she'll end up dumping up with you in the end." anne spat. "fuck you." is all he said before he slammed the door behind him.

anne felt a sudden wave of unease wash over her. does this mean we're no longer friends? do i still tutor him? fuck this. it's all her fault.

"welcome to the broken hearts club anne.." she muttered to herself

━━━ authors note
i hate this chapter but it was really just a filler for the next one. i worked really hard on chapter 14 so i hope you guys like it 🥺 new characters are finally introduced!