ix. clubbing

[ 009

[ 009. CLUBBING ]

ANNE met kennedy outside the club, just as they agreed

ANNE met kennedy outside the club, just as they agreed. she felt nervous but had kennedy and hoped that she'd try and help her have a good time.

neon lights were flashing everywhere and anne was surprised in how easily they got in. she immediately rushed over to the bar and got her favourite shot. blue kamikaze with hot sauce. for most, it wasn't a very good shot but for some reason, anne loved it.

shot after shot, anne got more and more drunk. around 12am, anne wanted to find gilbert. she couldn't tell if it was because of the alcohol intoxicating her, but she needed to seem him. to talk to him. well to try to at least.

"HEY, HAVE YOU SEEN GILBERT" anne yelled over the music to kennedy. "UHM I THINK HE'S OVER THERE" kennedy pointed to booth in the corner.

ruby, valery, joshua, billy and of course, gilbert were laughing and drinking. gilbert didn't seem to be having that much fun so anne built up some courage and walked over to their table.

"h-hey gilbert" anne stuttered, surprised that she was still that nervous around him. "oh hey loser" valery laughed at her. "guys im leaving" gilbert announced, got up, grabbed anne's hand and took her over to the bar.

"don't you want to hang out with your friends?" anne asked. "i wasn't having that much fun and i like hanging out with you more." he smiled at her. "okay let's get shots."

MINUTES LATER, anne came over with her shots and put them in front of gilbert. "is this a blue kamikaze?" he chuckled. "with hot sauce" she added. "hot sauce? you might as well have ordered a prairie fire"

"tried one. didn't like it. but i do like blue kamikaze and the hot sauce gives it a kick"

"im kinda of nervous just to try this" gilbert laughed nervously. "don't be, okay. 3, 2, 1" gilbert and anne both coughed after they took the shot and started to laugh. "oh my god, if that isn't the worst thing ive ever tasted" he choked.

"but it's fun" she laughed. "i like this" he said, although what he really meant was i like being here with you but that was too forward. "not the shots, obviously but the place"

"oh yea, i guess it's nice" she replied. "more shots?"

"sure but im choosing this time" gilbert smiled. "i just cant trust you carrots"

"ANNE" she yelled as gilbert left for the bar but they were both smiling. "what can i get you" the bartender asked, crossed armed. "uhm...blue kamikaze but with hot sauce" he replied

it was either gilbert's awful pronunciation or the fact that he chose the shot anne liked again just to make fun of her, but her laughter filled the club.

━━━ authors note!
i haven't updated
in a few days istg
but i didn't have any
motivation to write but
now that ive finished
online school, be prepared
for sum more chapters
xoxo, angie!