vii. park date

[ 007

[ 007. PARK DATE ]

THE NEXT DAY

THE NEXT DAY...anne arrived at school, with kennedy as usual. usually, they're greeted by josie giving them updates on everything that happened with diana and ruby following them but today was...different to say the least.

josie was talking to them but instead of a cheerful ruby that usually greets them, a frustrated ruby came rushing past them. anne looked behind her and saw gilbert yelling something at ruby. she didn't hear exactly what he said since anne immediately rushed over to her.

"rubs, what's wrong?" anne asked her concerned. "DON'T TOUCH ME! GIL BROKE UP WITH ME BECAUSE OF...BECAUSE OF...Y-YOU!" ruby screamed at her and ran off to the bathroom.

ANNE FELT a piece of her heart chip away. does gilbert like me? of course not. do i like him? why would he break up with ruby? she's gorgeous. anne rushed over to gilbert, flushed with anger. "GILBERT!" she yelled, causing him to immediately turn around. "GILBERT BLYTHE GET OVER HERE!" she yelled again, and he immediately rushed over to her. "w-what's wrong?" he asked a little terrified of her. her face was almost as auburn as her hair, making her icy eyes even more piercing. "what did you tell ruby" anne said in a deep low voice, looking up at him since she was shorter than him. "what do you mean?"