Chapter 16.5 - A Day With The God Of Life And Death

Start from the beginning

"Shin-sama, do you want to watch a drama performance?"

"Drama? I don't mind."

"Then, shall we go?"

"Yeah."

I had planned this before today. I had carefully investigated what event would be happening from morning until night. This morning just happened to have a performance for common folks in the city. Since there was no other big event in the morning, I thought this would be the best choice.

Just as I wanted to lead the way to the scene, I felt my hand being grabbed and saw that it was Shin-sama. I was surprised and flustered but still tried to calm down and ask. Not that I hated it but, it was quite embarrassing.

"Shin-sama, may I ask why do you hold my hand?"

I sounded a little timid at the moment. I was nervous to know his answer. Although I knew that it was not because of romantic feelings, there was still a little hope in my heart.

"Well, Yuuki said that it was normal to hold your partner's hand if you're hanging out with them. She also mentioned that it will make you happy if I do this. Did I do something wrong?"

Shin-sama answered while looking at me with gentle eyes.

Yuuki, thank you!!!!

I was happy to know that my friend helped me in this mission.

"No, but doing this could make someone have a wrong impression about you if they did not know you-"

"I would not do this to just anyone. It's simply because it's you."

"...."

..... I wonder why? I just felt like I want to smile to no end. I just felt very happy. My face was getting quite hot hearing his words.

I felt quite embarrassed but happy at the same time.

"Yanaria? Are you alright? Did I cause you any discomfort by doing this?"

"I'm alright. Shin-sama did not cause me discomfort. In fact, I would be delighted if you will hold my hand often today."

I made an advance now. I hoped I didn't sound too desperate when I said that.

"Sure, I may not look like it but I actually feel happy somehow holding you like this."

Shin-sama made a gentle smile when he said that. I was barely able to hold myself back from running away and hide behind Yuuki from too much embarrassment.

Then, just like that, we walked hand in hand to where the drama took place. We just walked in silence since none of us knew what to talk about. Despite that, I felt that it was nice to spend time like this rather than forcefully talking about something.

On the way, I noticed that some people were looking at us. There were many kinds of looks among them. Some were in envy, some were admiring, some were bad while the others were lecherous.

I could feel their gazes on us since my power as a goddess had allow me to sense any intention of those who were looking at me. I was uncomfortable with some of the gazes but what can I do?

Shin-sama and I had decided to use our human form on this day since he wanted to see what kind of creatures were there in this world. I could only endure their gazes since we were the one who decided to do so. I was sure that Shin-sama would feel the same gazes on him too but he seemed to be unaffected by them.

By the time we arrived, the drama was just beginning. Therefore, we took a seat at the furthest place to watch the performance.

The drama was in a public space since it was a drama for common folks. There was a big stage at the front. There were many things which made the performance such as background, curtains and all the props.