Power, Foes, and I want to go home.

Start from the beginning

Morgianna looked down at the burnt remains of Necros, but she felt no remorse. He had killed many and would kill again if given the chance, hell he had planned to kill her.

A branch snapped behind her, but she had long sensed the arrival of her two new guests. Turning her head slowly she was shocked to see who stood at the edge of the trees. She let a smirk form on her face as she lifted her scythe to rest on her shoulders once more. "Well, what a surprising duo. If it isn't the Crown Prince of Everglade and the Crown Prince of Demonius. A pleasure to meet you on this horrid day, but if you would excuse me." She turned ready to leave and head in Fafnir and the rest's direction, they were only 10 minutes from her current location and she was ready to leave. All thoughts of going on a mission were gone, in their place a need for a hot shower and a plate full of sweets.

Thadeous was the first to come back to his senses seeing that the hooded girl was about to leave. "Wait!" His yell brought Alistar back as well. Both boys looking at her with complex emotions. They could see that she was quite small, but they did not know how old she was. The power that they had felt on their way here was not something normal and they were curious about who she was.

"We had been on our way to visit a neighboring Kingdom when our carriages had been attacked by what we assumed to be reanimated corpses. Realizing that the numbers were not something to take lightly we came to find the necromancer that was responsible. That person had been in this area until their signature vanished suddenly. Do you know where they are?" Thadeous spoke in a courteous manner never taking his eyes off her blank expression. He wished he could see the rest of her face, as what he could see was quite cute.

Without even speaking Morgianna raised one gloved finger and pointed at the burnt remains that were once Necro. Her movement caused the two boys to finally take their eyes off of her and look at their surroundings. What they saw was complete mayhem. All around the forest floor was the remains of countless animals, all seeming to have been ripped into by a fierce attack. The number of bodies was astounding if they had to guess there had to be at least 100 maybe even more. Then there was one that stuck out more than the others. The only human body sat curled in on itself, burnt to a crisp.

Alistar looked at it and shrugged. "It seems our problem has already been taken care of." He looked back to where the hooded figure had been and saw that she was gone. He had wanted to ask, or rather demand her name but it seems she was quite slippery.

They could feel her moving away in the direction of three other magical signatures, but before they could get the chance to follow all four signatures vanished without a trace.

Morgianna was frowning when she met up with Fafnir and the others. Out of all the people she had to meet in this godless forest it just had to be two of the capture targets. Without saying a word she used her darkness to cloak their signatures and telepathically told them to follow her. She was tired and was ready to go home.

Nobody said a word aloud, but they were all curious as to Morgianna's bad mood. They were also wondering what had happened for her to finish before they had. She had told them how many she had been surrounded by, plus she had the necromancer to contend with, but yet the girl seemed fine. Not a hair out of place.

Making their way back to the carriage Morgianna promptly demanded to be taken back home. Saying something along the lines of "If I am not home within the next day tucked into my bed I am gonna kill something."

Her bad mood did not lift even as they turned the carriage and went back the way they came, instead she looked out the window every now and then as if she expected for someone to pop up out of nowhere.

As they drew closer to the house she breathed a sigh of relief. Turning to look at Myra and Alnwick she began to speak knowing that Fafnir would also be able to hear her. "I need something to help me lock up some of my powers. Also Alnwick since I have yet to tell you certain things I think it best if we go ahead and get everything into the open."

Fafnir and Myra were nodding their heads as if in agreement and Alnwick just looked confused.

"I am not from this world." After dropping that bomb she expected a lot of questions from Alnwick but instead she was met with his signature grin.

He scooted to the edge of his seat so that he could look into her eyes. "I know, I did not mean to but when you created that life bond that tied us together it showed me things. I did not want to pry into it but it was as if pictures were being directly seared into my brain. I knew you would tell me when you were ready, that you would tell all of us. I trust you completely and know that you have your reasons for everything that you do."

His words were like a weight was lifted on her chest, but at the same time she felt embarrassed. She did not know what all he saw, but if he was not going to make a big deal out of it then neither would she.

She breathed a sigh of relief, then very quietly as if speaking the words aloud would alert the two boys of her presence she whispered. "Then you must know that the reason I wanted to leave the forest was because I ran into two of the capture targets. It was the princes of Everglade and Demonius, I do not believe they would recognize me, but I still felt it best is we left there quickly.

Fafnir cursed and forced the carriage to go a little quicker, Myra leaned back frowning, and Alnwick for once lost his smile.

"We won't let them kill you, not just because your life is tied to mine, but because we care about you. Trust us to protect you." Alnwick's words made her heart feel warm, but she still felt uneasy thinking of the two boys she left in the forest. If they did recognize her, she would never be able to get away.

___________________________________

I hope everyone is having a great week. For those that celebrate Easter, I hope you have a wonderful holiday even during these crazy times.

Like, comment, and share if you like, and stay safe. Much love <3