Chapter 9

As I mentioned previously, the film is three days long. On the first day, Bunny notes that there are three days until Easter. We will assume that he is including the day they are already on. Given that Easter is on a Sunday, that means the movie starts on Good Friday. Friday ends with the Guardians collecting teeth and meeting in Jamie's bedroom. Saturday starts with Sandy's funeral at the North Pole and ends with Jack dropping Sophie off back at home. Easter Sunday begins after Jack leaves Pitch's lair and goes to the egg hunt. It ends with Jamie seeing Jack for the first time. the Guardians fight Pitch through the night and end up at the pond at sunrise of Easter Monday.

Here's the interesting thing though. at the beginning of the movie, after Jack played his pranks in Russia, he goes back to Burgess. He declares that day a snow day and starts producing snow. Jack flies to the pond and watches Jamie read his book. Claude and Caleb run up to him excitedly and tell him it's a snow day.

I had always taken this to mean that the three had a day off of school. That when Jack had made it snow, their school had been canceled because of the weather. But this isn't the case. The movie starts on Good Friday. It is rare to hear of a school that doesn't let their students out on Good Friday and most times they get Easter Monday off too. Some schools even go so as far as to let kids have Maundy Thursday, but this is less common.

What I am trying to say is, Jack didn't give them a day off of school. They already had the day off. I guess this makes sense given that Jamie was spending his morning at the pond instead of at home getting ready for school. It took me a while to realize this, so I thought I would point it out for you guys too. Sorry if you already knew this and I'm just dumb.