Chapter 24: Helena: The Forgotten Prince

AUTHOR'S NOTE PLEASE READ!

So you know how I said that the chapter after this one was going to be in Luna's point of view? 

I lied!

I am very sorry. This chapter had too many events happening in it that I needed to split it up for my own sanity (and I knew that you guys really wanted an update). I'm have not finished the next chapter yet. Hopefully, I'll finish it soon!

I hope all of you enjoy this chapter and I will try to finish the next one as soon as possible!

As always, don't forget to comment and vote! I really love seeing them!

---------------------------------

"Then we'll have to silence you."

Helena's eyes jumped between the three guardians as she prepared herself to fight them. She wasn't entirely sure how Damira was going to judge her since she had been dead for over a century. She didn't want to fight the kids either if Damira judged her unworthy to be let into the B.O.P.

Helena gave them a doubtful look. If they weren't allowed to kill anyone, how were they supposed to silence her? She guessed they could just wipe her memory if they managed to overwhelm her. (They got lucky when they kidnapped her.)

"Really? You're going to silence me?" Helena said, unimpressed.

The three guardians glanced at each other questionably. Helena wasn't sure if they were having a conversion through comms in their helmets or if they were truly having a silent one just by looking at each other. After a moment, Zen sighed reluctantly and straightened up. With a snap of his fingers, all of the lights turned back on and their helmets switched to their normal purple colors.

Zen let out a defeated huff, "Sorry, I was just messing around with you."

"I told you that she wasn't going to buy it, Drama King," Caleb quipped from behind her.

Helena rolled her eyes as she walked up to Zen, "So how is Damira supposed to judge me?"

Zen stepped to the side and pointed at the statue, "Stand in front of the statue. If she finds you worthy, she will open the door to the B.O.P. If she doesn't, the door won't open."

Helena looked at them warily as the three guardians moved to stand behind her. They didn't explain how Damira was supposed to judge her since she was dead. She figured that she would find out later as she stood in front of the giant statue.

Helena glanced back at Caleb questionably. He gave her a thumbs up and motioned her to look up with a few movements of his head.

Helena turned back and peered up at the statue. She was able to see Damira's big, kind eyes hidden beneath the veil that covered half of the past queen's face. She had to squint to notice it, but it seemed as if the statue's eyes were looking right at her.

Helena nearly jumped back as she watched the statue's mouth move into a gentle smile. A soft white glow came off of Damira's eyes as she stared down at Helena which froze her in her spot. She was sure that the statue was starring into her soul, trying to discover her dreams and darkest secrets.

"Helena Dun-Gray," a gentle voice echoed around her, "you have a heart of gold and a will stronger than most."

The statue began to rumble as the statue's arms began to uncross each other. Helena stepped away, watching the sleeves of Damira's dress pull away to reveal a giant, stone door. She watched in awe as the stone moved as if it was made out of cloth. When the statue's arms opened up into a welcoming gesture, the door slid open to a set of stairs.