Chapter 21: Rex: Never Get an Ultrisian Drunk

Author's Note

Sometimes I write fluff.

Sometimes I write crack.

For this chapter, it's a mix of BOTH.

Don't forget to leave a comment and vote!

--------------------------

I would have considered myself an expert on keeping secrets. I managed to hide from General Skywalker that I knew about his relationship with Senator Amidala for months. Their relationship was the worst, best-kept secret in the entire galaxy. I was almost insulted that Skywalker did not find out yet. Also, I didn't even give Luna a single clue that knew about her true self. I wanted to tell her so badly, but orders were orders. I had to follow them.

However, me trying to hide the fact that I liked Luna proved to be difficult.

I wasn't surprised that I developed feelings for Luna; we did spend most of our time together since I was in charge of her. Honestly, how could I not? She was incredibly smart, funny, and kind. Every time she entered the room, I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I loved talking to her and learning about the things she did on her planet. I tried to joke around with her as much as I could. I just wanted to see her beautiful smile and hear her wonderful laugh. Even when she wasn't with me, I would think about her. I didn't care that she was a shapeshifter, I didn't care that she was lying about who she really was, and it didn't matter to me that she was a Gray Jedi. I was falling for all of her.

Too bad that she most likely did not feel the same.

Luna had too much going on in her life to have feelings for me. She had to save her planet and help the GAR fight against her own people. Plus, she probably wasn't emotionally available to be in a relationship either. She lost her team and left behind her friend, Allura. There was no doubt that she wouldn't break the rules. I kept on thinking, why would she have feelings for me anyway? I was just a clone, there was nothing special about me. There were millions of other men that looked exactly like me.

When I told Cody all of this, he scoffed. "Wow, you're so full of shit."

Cody had quickly discovered (maybe even before I realized it) that I liked Luna. Ever since then, Cody had been teasing me about it. His ridiculous torment became worse when we were given a short shore leave on Coruscant a few days after we blew up the Separatist listening post.

"Hey," I defended, giving him an offended look. "I am not."

Both of us were sitting at an empty table in the mess hall. Only a few other troopers were inside the room, but they were scattered around tables. None of them were close enough to hear our conversation. We arrived in the mess hall in the early afternoon to eat lunch and stayed there to talk.

Cody pointed at me with his fork. "Didn't you try to kiss her though?"

I lowered my head and covered my face with my hands. "Oh my Force."

Why I told him about the sparring incident, I will never know, but I knew I would die from embarrassment from it. Luna and I made an unspoken agreement to pretend that never happened so nothing would be awkward between us.

"Just answer the question, Rex," Cody demanded, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Yes, I did," I answered, exasperated.

"And she didn't stop you, correct?" Cody questioned.

I nodded slowly. "...Yes."

Cody threw his fork onto his tray. "She likes you, case dismissed."