Chapter 22: Helena: Memories

STOP FOR ONE MOMENT AND READ THIS. 

THIS IS IMPORTANT! 

********WARNING*******

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS DESCRIPTIONS OF ABUSE!

AND 

THIS CHAPTER IS WRITTEN 3RD POV. THAT MIGHT THROW SOME OF YOU OFF, SORRY. FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW, I'M CHANGING THE POV OF THIS BOOK INTO 3RD PERSON INSTEAD OF 1ST. I THINK IT WILL FLOW BETTER AND IT WILL BE EASIER FOR ME. I'M STILL IN THE PROCESS OF CHANGING EVERY CHAPTER. I KNOW YOU GUYS REALLY WANTED AN UPDATE SO HERE. 

ANYWAY, ENJOY THE ANGST. 

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT AND VOTE! 

———————————

Only an unfortunate few knew of what happened when a person is Controlled.

Most people knew the main function of the Control Device - to take away its victim's emotions and to have them follow orders against their Will. The only thing they could feel was relentless pain. It made the Controlled an empty shell of what they used to be. They acted as mindless droids that wait for orders.

But no one knew what the Controlled device did when its victim was not in use.

When Zaria, Emmie, Nari, and Helena weren't with Sierra, they were placed in stasis pods within the castle or Sierra's ship. Within these pods, they learned of the true torture that the Control device forces upon its victims; it makes them relive their worst memories.

Which sucked for Helena since her entire life was a turf-hole.

It wasn't like she was in a hazy dream, more like she was there again. Going through her memories was the only time she felt anything. Helena was going through the fear, the sadness, the agony that she experienced all over again. She was reliving the past 14 years of her life. It was the only time that she felt like herself again, except she wasn't pushing all of her feelings down.

The first memory that she was forced to relive was where her life went straight to hell. Helena was only seven at the time, still staying in the ancient mansion that her psychotic family had lived in for thousands of years. Her mom, Astrid, was still alive and her father hadn't turned into a demon yet. At that time, the only thing she was worried about was staining her designer outfits, not what her mom was going to tell her.

Helena was in one of the large living rooms of the family mansion, sitting on a white couch when her mom sat down next to her. Her movements were slow since she was seven months pregnant with Helena's little brother, Caleb. She stopped working on the puzzle that she had laid out on the glass coffee table in front of her and looked up at her mom. Helena's smile fell when she saw a wave of sadness wash over her gorgeous features.

Helena hoped to be as beautiful as her mom one day. She was fortunate enough to look more like her and not her father. As Astrid sat down, she pushed the thick braid that kept her long, black hair behind her shoulder. Her light-toned skin shined like diamonds under the bright lights of the living room. She smoothed out the soft fabric of her long, cream-colored dress after she sat down. When she looked at her daughter, her deep, emerald eyes were trying to keep in the tears that were desperately trying to escape. 

Helena glanced at her father, who was waiting in the darkness of the hallway while leaning against the white wall to watch them. She peered closer, seeing the faint, puffy, red marks under his eyes.