Chapter 19: Rex: The Mystery of Luna Starborn

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Four hours had past since the destruction of the Separatist listening post. Within those short hours, I couldn't stop myself from pondering over the...Mystery Woman. Ahsoka started to call her that when she was telling me about how she saved my life and the name stuck. The Commander told me if the Mystery Woman didn't show up when she did, I would be dead. Another question rose from Ahsoka was how she found us on the listening post, but that's not why she was stuck in my head.

I could've sworn that I knew her.

At least it felt like I did even though I had never met her in my life. Even if I had met her before, I definitely would have remembered her. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. I was almost entranced by her gorgeous, sky blue eyes when she woke me up.

I had only talked to her for a moment, but that was enough for me wonder if I knew her. The way she spoke to General Sierra without a hint of fear in her voice and her swift fighting style reminded me of someone. For unknown reasons, my heart sped up when she jumped out of the kriffing hangar doors. She even winked at me before she landed on her ship.

I tried to gather everything that I knew about her from the listening post. It was obvious that she was a Jedi of some sort due to her deadly interaction with General Sierra and her Force abilities. I assumed she was an Ultrisian since she had the same Moira's Box that Nixa Katari had. Plus, she had the Ultrisian SCT-E3 ship that Nixa and I betted on as well. (I wasn't going to say anything about the ship to Nixa. The bet was a joke and I would feel bad if I took her money.)

I was still trying to figure out how she knew me. She somehow knew Ahsoka and she didn't know who she was either. On our way back to the Resolute, Ahsoka had asked General Skywalker if he knew the Mystery Woman. He hesitated for a moment before giving her a simple, 'no.'

I could tell he was lying by the way he hesitated. He knew who the Mystery Woman was, but he was hiding her identity for some reason. I came to the conclusion that he was either protecting her, or it was by her request to not tell anyone who she was.

All my questions were answered when I saw Nixa Katari shapeshift into the Mystery Woman.

I was walking down a seemingly empty corridor near the Resolute's hangar when I heard Nixa Katari's voice. Under normal circumstances I would have smiled hearing her, but something was wrong. She sounded scared and agitated. I wanted to go to her and see what was wrong, but she was arguing with someone. I should've left when I got to the edge of the hallway entrance where she was, but something held me their. I leaned against the side of the entrance and peeked down the hallway.

Halfway down the corridor, I spotted Nixa and General Skywalker in the middle of their argument. Nixa's back was facing me with General Skywalker standing in front of her with his arms crossed. By the irritated look on his face, General Skywalker was trying to persuade Nixa to do something, but she wasn't cooperating with him. I noticed a necklace chain around her neck, but I couldn't see the pendant that was laying on her usual black armor. She brought her hand up to his face, and in it were the exact same lightsabers that the Mystery Woman had.

"What?" I murmured under my breath, my eyes widening as I watched.

Nixa shook her head rapidly. "General Skywalker, I can't go back. I'm not ready."

Skywalker pointed at her. "Luna Starborn was the one who saved us, not you, Nixa Katari. We need Luna Starborn more than you right now."

I furrowed my eyebrows together. Luna Starborn was Nixa's real name. She told me back on Ultris when I asked her why her team was calling her, Luna. She asked me to just call her Nixa and I respected her request. Neither of us brought up her real name since then. But was he saying that she saved us? Luna looked nothing like the Mystery Woman.