Ammaar R.A

Hadhrat Ammaar رضي الله عنه

Hadhrat Ammaar رضي الله عنه  was a young man when Rasulullaah صلي الله عليه وسلم started to propagate Islaam. He accepted Islaam at the hand of Rasulullaah صلي الله عليه وسلم and then proceeded to convey the message of Islaam to his mother Hadhrat Sumaiya رضي الله عنهما.

After she had also accepted Islaam, the two approached his father Hadhrat Yaasir رضي الله عنه  and after giving him Da’wah for a while, he also entered the fold of Islaam.

Almost immediately after accepting Islaam, the Mushrikeen started to torture the family. After putting him through a great deal of torment one day, the Mushrikeen set Hadhrat Ammaar رضي الله عنه alight, forcing him to say the names of their idols. To save his life, Hadhrat Ammaar رضي الله عنه  said what they told him to say. When he was set free, he came weeping to Rasulullaah صلي الله عليه وسلم. Rasulullaah صلي الله عليه وسلم asked him what had happened and he informed Rasulullaah صلي الله عليه وسلمthat he had spoken the words only to save his life. “Is your heart content with Imaan?” Rasulullaah صلي الله عليه وسلم asked him. when he confirmed that it was, Allaah revealed a verse of the Qur'aan verifying that his Imaan was intact.

Hadhrat Ammaar رضي الله عنه  later migrated to Madinah and settled in Quba, where he built a Masjid, which has received praise in the Qur'aan.

Hadhrat Ammaar رضي الله عنه participated in all the battles that Rasulullaah صلي الله عليه وسلم led and it was during a battle in the year 37 A.H. that he was given some milk to drink. He remarked, “Rasulullaah صلي الله عليه وسلمinformed me that milk shall be my last drink in this world.” He drank the milk and then proceeded to fight in the battle until he was martyred. He was then 94 years of age.