Qa'qaa Bin Amr R.A

Qa'Qaa Bin Amr رضي الله عنه

"Surely the sound of Qa'qaa bin Amr in the army is better than a thousand horsemen." (Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq رضي الله عنه)

Here, we are in the ninth year of Hijrah, and it's the year the Muslims called the year of Delegations.

And here is the city of Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم, its heart open in welcome, to receive one delegation or more with the dawn of every morning, coming to it from the corners of the Arabian peninsula.

So that they may publicise their Islam in front of Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم and pledge allegiance to him to hear and obey.

And here are these glorious leaders from the prominent of the Banu Tameem, submitting to Islam after a long opposition and coming to Madinah, submitting and obeying, spreading their hands in allegiance to Nabi صلي الله عليه وسلم.

While the people were announcing their Islam in front of the Noble Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and taking their rewards that he commanded for them, Rasulullah صلى الله عليه وسلم was observing a youth from them, and gazing at his face. Long did not remain before he looked intently at him and said,
What is the name of the youth?
"Al Qa'qaa bin Amr," he said.
"And what did you prepare for Jihaad in the path of Allah, Oh Qa'qaa?" He asked.
"Obedience to Allah and his Rasool," he replied, "A swift well-bred horse and a sharpened spear."
Thus he said, "That is the aim."

Since that day, Qa'qaa bin Amr رضي الله عنه placed his life and his sword in the Obedience of Allah and his Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم, and he made mounted horses his bed.

So come, we will conclude these remarkable moments with Qa'qaa bin Amr رضي الله عنه and his leader, the sword of Islam, Khalid Bin Waleed رضى الله عنه.

As soon as Khalid Bin Waleed رضي الله عنه lay down to rest after the wars of apostasy, the letter of Abu Bakr As Siddeeq رضي الله عنه came to him, commanding him to go to conquer the city of Iraq and save it from the Persians and enter its people into the religion of Allah.

However the army of Khalid رضي الله عنه had certainly decreased and they had differences, where whoever sought martyrdom in the grinding wars of apostasy from them, sought martyrdom.
And whoever the long separation from him family had become difficult on, was released

Thus from his great army, there did not remain with Khalid رضي الله عنه except a small number. So he wrote to Abu Bakr As Siddeeq رضي الله عنهseeking assistance from him.
Thus when As Siddeeq رضي الله عنه opened the letter of Khalid and came to know what was in it, he said to whoever was with him:

Surely Khalid Bin Waleed رضي الله عنه is seeking assistance from us, thus I will assist him with Qa'qaa Bin Amr رضي الله عنه.

The jaws of those present dropped in astonishment and they said, "Ya Ameerul Mu'mineen, are you going to assist a leader, most of whose army dispersed from him, with ONE man?!

As Siddeeq رضي الله عنه said, "Yes. For surely the sound of Qa'qaa bin Amr رضي الله عنه in the battlefield is better than thousand horsemen. Surely an army with Qa'qaa رضي الله عنه in it will never be defeated."

* * *

Khalid Bin Waleed رضي الله عنه proceeded at the head of 10 000 of his army in the direction of Iraq, and Qa'qaa Bin Amrرضي الله عنه, the one who As Siddeeq رضي الله عنه considered as a thousand men, was with him.

He proceeded in the direction of the district of Hareeq, situated near the Persian Gulf, adjacent to the desert.

Hurmuz was the ruler of this district, preceding the Persian King.
Hurmuz, if you don't know, was one of the rare men who the the nobility of the Persians was perfected for them in his time.