Sophia's Story

This is the story of Sophia, FlyingBirdwatcher. Thank you for sharing!

Titled "The Broken Crown"

Hello princesses and princes of our world! 

I'm here to bring you my story about my crown. I present you my story The Broken Crown.

 It starts out from the beginning. It was perfect in the beginning. Disney princesses were all everyone ever wanted to be. I remember watching Rapunzel in front of the TV with my sister. We would then dress up in our Rapunzel costumes and become princesses ourselves.I always loved imagining being a princess. 

In fact, many people called me Sophia the First when I was in first grade! Even my middle name, Jasmine, is a princess name. After a while I lost my interest in princesses. Many kids lose their interest. 

Right after first grade I stopped liking them. I focused on school and tests. Which turned out to be a good step in my life, for I turned out being advanced at math and put in a gifted program. But I wish I could have gone back and been a bit more free. 

Being a second grader is easy. School isn't hard, and there are friends all around.Third grade was different. I was a person who made new friends at a constant rate. I wish I could have changed it back then, but at least I have stopped now. Honestly, I think the main reason why I did it was because of my ever changing personality. In first grade I was friends with girls who would all go out at recess and play princesses and fairies. But in second grade we all moved apart. 

I was now friends with girls who were smart but fun. We hung out with a few boys and played with something that currently annoys me a lot. They were called lol dolls. They were surprise dolls that came in balls you could open. We would play them at recess and hide them from recess aides.

But then came one boy I won't forget. We can call him Silver because that's related to his name.

 Silver was rude and mean to almost everybody, out he was popular. I didn't get why he was popular, and a lot of people didn't either. Honestly, I think that he was only popular because he was funny and people thought if they stood up to him they would get teased. 

He soon found out about our likings for lol dolls and teased us about it at recess. I was upset, but my friends were brave and stood up to him. Unfortunately, he was was in my class, and neither of my friends were in that class. He teased everyone, but I didn't have anyone to defend me. I lost my confidence and stopped playing lol dolls and lost my two friends. 

I had a broken crown that I didn't know how to repair. 

In fourth grade I was lucky. My teacher was the best one I ever had and always supported me. I had new friends in that class, but I always wanted to say sorry to my old friends.In my last year of elementary school, fifth grade, I finally found courage and apologized. It went better than I expected. I was still friends with them, I just didn't meet with them as much anymore. But I would always be there, even if I couldn't see them and they couldn't see me. Every few days I would talk to them. 

It fixed my crown. 

Honestly, maybe that's what your crown is.

Not just loving yourself will give you your crown, 

But loving others too.