6: Midnight Escapades

Wooo two updates in one day!! Listen to the song at the side. That's how I imagine Violet's voice would be :) Hope you like this chapter.

Chapter 6: Midnight Escapades

When I reentered the auditorium, everyone was already about to leave.

"I expect to see everyone on Monday, goodbye," Ms. Carmichael said.

I walked towards my bag, so that I can finally go home. This has been a really long day.

Jeanette approached me and so did the other girls. “Hey, what happened? Why did the both of you suddenly leave?” she asked.

“I had to go to the bathroom,” I answered “I don’t know where he went.” I lied, I also didn't want to mention the argument we just had.

“Oh, do you know why he looked angry when he left?” one of the girls asked.

“Beats me,” I shrugged acting as if I didn't know, “I got to go, bye guys.” I waved and smiled at them, not wanting to be interrogated any longer. I opened the door to leave the auditorium, as I did, someone also opened the door, beating me to it. Troy and I locked eyes for about two seconds, his face was blank but the then turned slightly apprehensive. I glared at him before walking around him to leave.

*~*

I woke up to the sound of whispering, creaking and hustling outside my bedroom window.

I let curiosity get the best of me and pushed myself off the bed groggily. I checked the time. It was 12:30 a.m.

I inspected where the noises were coming from and took a small peak from my make shift curtain.

What the hell is he doing? I thought as I rubbed my eyes, making sure I wasn’t seeing things.

I raised my eyebrow to the boy who was currently sneaking out of his bedroom window and down the tree. The tree had small branches and naturally carved  holes on it that you can step on, like a ladder. I knew this because I’ve been climbing on it more times than I could count. I didn’t think he knew about it too. He must have looked around the house. It was weird seeing someone else use that tree. It used to be Cade and I’s tree. Just for us.

When he reached the ground, I noticed he was talking on the phone. I heard something along the lines of “I’m on my way.”

Where could he possibly go to at 12:30 in the morning?

Well, whatever. What he does with his life doesn’t concern me.

I walked back to my warm and inviting bed and snuggled under the covers just as I heard an engine of a car come to life.

*~*

When I woke up it was almost noon. I did my morning routines and went downstairs. I stopped in my tracks when I hear unfamiliar voices in our living room.

"I would've wanted you to meet my daughter but sadly she's still asleep,” my mom said.

"Oh, it's okay Mrs. Avery, probably later during dinner. Thank you for inviting  us again by the way," I recognized the voice as Troy’s , and immediately, I went back up to my room. Not wanting to be faced to faced with that jerk.

Troy’s POV

I woke up with a slight headache. Kate, one of my friends, had called me at midnight . It was her birthday and they had a second party, one just for the teens in a club they rented out for the night.