4: Hotter Than The Temperature in Mercury

Here is the long awaited update. Sorry it took so long I was really busy with school but now it's finally summer.

I wrote this on my phone so I'm sorry if there are a lot of mistakes.

And also I edited chapter one since there are some things I didn't like about it and I'm reorganizing some information because I think I was piling it all in chapter one so you might read some parts you've already read in chapter one and I also changed some things since I think I portrayed her personality differently than I had originally planned.

unedited

Chapter 4: Hotter Than The Temperature in Mercury

"Mom, when are you going to buy me new curtains?" I asked groggily, rubbing my eyes as I walked in the kitchen still in my cupcake pajamas

Not exactly what people my age wear but it's really comfy. Plus, no one's gonna see me inside the house except my parents anyway.

Last night when I had entered my room after dinner. I almost had a mini heart attack when I saw that the make shift curtains had fallen off, I had probably hit it during all the craziness.

I sometimes can get too lost in the moment.

Luckily there wasn't any sign of any living being in the room across, because if someone, more specifically the most popular guy in school,  had seen me,  I would die of utter embarrassment.

It was still six thirty in the morning and I had just woken up for school. She was by the kitchen counter cutting up fruits and putting them in the blender. My mom was a health and beauty junkie which is why she looked younger than her age. Her blonde hair still silkily shiny and her skin still looking radiant.

"I'm gonna stop by the shop this afternoon," she replied then proceeded to turn on the blender. The annoying sound making me wince. It was too early for all the noise.

I walked towards the fridge and grabbed a carton of milk and my favorite cereal, Fruit Loops.

I pushed back a chair and sat across my mom in the dining table. After pouring some cereal and milk into my bowl, I began digging in, scooping large spoonfuls into my mouth. 

She finally finished the smoothie that she was making, the awful noise now gone, and poured the yellowish orange liquid into my glass. I had grown to like the weird tasting food she makes us eat that mostly consisted of fruits and vegetables although there will always be a bigger space for junk food in my heart....and stomach.

"Oh mom, I just remembered, I might come home a bit later than usual," I said as I downed the last of my cereal.

"And why is that?" My dad's voice interjected out of nowhere, he emerged from the stairs and walked towards my mom, clad in his gray joggers and plain navy blue tee, and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"We have a meeting for our drama club about the upcoming play," I replied then downed the smoothie in one go or else I'll be late. The taste of mangoes and bananas filled my taste buds as I grabbed my empty bowl, spoon and glass and put them in the sink.

"Do you want me to pick you up?" my dad asked as he poured himself some coffee.

"No, it's alright, Audrey's there," I called as I started up the stairs to get ready for school.

After doing my morning routine, I opened my closet and picked out my black skinnies, white tank and my long sleeve denim jacket. Putting it on and leaving the jacket open. I rolled the sleeves up to my elbow because it was a tad bit too long and put on my favorite black and white high cut chucks.