Chapter 26- "Shut it, Hye"

"Seol," Eun Ji said. "Your father will be really mad if he finds out you're going out unarmed and without the guards to Kim Hye ."

"He should know that he's not someone to be trusted, then!" Seol said. "He is thinking it's okay for me to get married to him. It must be safe going there, isn't it?"

"We'll just talk," Eun Ji said.

"And kill him," Seol added.

"Okay but first we'll talk," Eun Ji glanced at her friend.

They soon arrived at the Kim manor. The guard at the gate asked whom they wished to meet.

"Kim Hye," Seol said. "Bring him out."

The guard escorted them to a room and they were served tea.

"Don't drink it," Seol said. "It might be poisoned."

"Uh, yes," Eun Ji nodded. "That is, actually, very possible."

"Are you being sarcastic, right now?" Seol stared at her friend.

"No, no," Eun JI shook her head. "I'm serious. For real," she added when YEon Seo kept staring at her disbelievingly.

"What's taking him so long?" Yeon Seo started to grew more restless than she was before.

"Probably-"

"Seducing other women. Yes, you're right," Yeon Seo interrupted.

"Not what I was going to say but, again, possible," Eun Ji muttered.

***

"Hello, friend," Hye said upon seeing the eldest son of the king. "How are you?"

"I believe you have something to tell me?" Ju said, ignoring what he considered as unneccessary greetings.

"Straight to the point, I see." Hye nodded.

"Yes," Ju stated.

"Okay so what do you want me to say?"

"I want you to tell me why the hell is your father pushing for your marriage with Yeon Seo?" Wang Ju said with a slightly raised voice.

"What?" Kim Hye seemed genuinely surprised. "I had no clue of that, I swear."

"Didn't you tell him to stop?"

"I did-"

"Look, Hye," Ju said firmly. "Yeon Seo grows further distressed whenever your father comes to the castle. If you keep pushing, I am afraid I'll be forced to think that the intentions behind this proposal aren't innocent."

"Come on, Ju," Kim Hye said dismissively. "You're fooling no one. We both know you already think that."

"So you'll keep pushing the proposal?" Ju said. "Even after being rejected? You'll keep asking for a princess' hand who is about to get married?"

"I know that she is set to marry Wang Wook's son," Hye said through his teeth. "There's no need to rub it in my face."

"Do you like Yeon Seo," Ju asked, not exactly expecting an answer. "Or are you after the throne just like your father?"

"Don't make such strong accusations about a man while standing in his own backyard," Ju said. "As for me, yes, I like Yeon Seo. The only reason I don't want to marry her is because I like her."

"Does that even make sense?" Ju asked without a single expression on his face.

"She doesn't reciprocate my feelings," Hye said with a clear look of hurt on his face. "You don't force your way into a marriage."