Chapter 12- "Rebellion?"

"Why didn't you turn out your pockets back then?" Wang So had called to properly discuss the matter with him. They were alone in the court room as it was early in the morning. 

"They were not thieves, Your Majesty," Wang Ju spoke. "They were part of the rebellion. We have to secure this place furthermore. They were not there to steal but to kill me. Hyohwa and Yeon Soo's life is also endangered along with your Majesty's."

"Hyohwa cannot step of out of this palace anymore," The king ordered. "I have to talk to him personally. Make sure the word of rebellion does not get out."

"Yes, Your Majesty," Wang Ju bowed an left the room.

"What was it?" Yeon Soo asked her brother when he came out of the court room. Ju looked up to see the nobles entering the palace. "Tell me!" 

"Later," Ju whispered and bowed to the nobles as they stopped in front of the courtroom to greet the prince and princess.

"What a pleasure seeing you," Nobleman Kim smiled at Yeon Soo. "You sure are growing more gorgeous every day." Yeon smiled and bowed. "Where is the crown prince?" He asked, looking around.

"He has gone to see the families of those who had died in the disaster," Wang Ju replied.

"Never in my lifetime have I seen such an occurnece," Nobleman Kim shook his head. "Rumours come along with things, you know," He smile subtly, before bowing and enering the courtroom.

"If that man asks for your hand in marriage-" Ju began.

"I'll either kill him or myself," Yeon Seo cut her brother off. "Okay, maybe not either of that," Shhe said as an afterthought. "Wait, why did you say that? Did he ask for my hand in marriage?"

"No, not yet," Wang Ju said. "Chi told me that he heard about it somewhere. He was also pretty frustrated."

"Forget it," Yeon Seo said. "Tell me what happened with father."

"Let's go somewhere else," He said looking around.

***

Eun Ji had woken early and decided to make a visit to the library. None of the books had the letters og hangul and it was frustrating her. They were Chinese letters and no matter how hard she tried, she could not make snese out of the text. People here would think of her as an illiterate person if they found this out. She heard a few footsteps and then a rushed voice of Yeon Seo.

"Tell me now!" She said.

"They weren't just mere thieves," Wang Ju began. "They were part of the rebellion."

"Rebellion?" Yeon Seo exclaimed.

"Yes," Ju said in a low voice. "They are planning to throw over His Majesty. They will blame the disaster on him. Even though I am not sure who is leading the rebellion but I have a feeling Noblemen Kim has something to do with it."

Eun Ji stepped from behind the shelves and came to stand in front of the table the two siblings were seated at. The both turned to look at her and Wang Ju's face hardened. "Did you hear it?"

Eun Ji nodded.

"How much?"

"All of it," Eun Ji resonded, making Ju clench his teeth.

"If the word gets out," Ju said between his teeth. "I'll personally kill you."

"Ju!" Yeon Seo turned at his brother in surprise. "She won't betray us."

"You are always betrayed by those you trust," Wang Ju turned to look at his sister. "You wouldn't be surprised if your enemy betrays you, now would you be?"