Chapter 18- "He did it first!"

Eun Ji and Ju broke apart, gasping for breath. He was lying on the bed with her over him. His cheeks were flushed and hair ruffled, which somewhat reflected her own state at that moment.

Eun Ji raked her mind to say something but she could not even do as much as moving from her position. It was Ju's  smile which got her out of the trance. He lifted himself up and gave her a peck on the lips before falling back on the bed. She could feel her heart exploding out of her chest and her cheeks threatening to catch fire.

"That was good," Ju looked up at her with a playful smile on his face. "Amazing, actually."

"You don't regret it?" Eun Ji asked, hoping he would not see how nervous she was.

"Do you?" He cocked his head to one side.

"No, I am not saying that," Eun Ji answered, not knowing what she wanted to say. "It was...unexpected...kind of."

"You would've never thought that you'd kiss someone you hated." Ju looked in her eyes.

"Yeah," Eun Ji admitted and backed away. He moved over to the emptier side of the bed, giving her space to sit down. When she did, he pushed himself up in a sitting position. "What now?"

"What do you mean?" Ju asked carefully. "Well...I..I do like you. Don't ask me why because I don't know. I really don't.

"Uhh...okay," Eun Ji said. "Maybe you can think about it later in all that free time you've got and tell me?"

"You think I've got loads of time to spare?" Wang Ju raised his eyebrows in a playful manner.

"I haven't seen you doing anything purposeful," Eun Ji grinned. "Guess there are perks of being a prince."

"There are lots of responsibilities too," Ju said. "And are you trying to change the subject?"

"Uh...okay listen," Eun Ji sat up straight, making Ju do the same. Although it was kind of comical, she ignored it. "You are a prince-"

"You figured," Ju muttered. Eun Ji look at him with a deadpanned expression and he mouthed "Sorry".

"You are a prince and I am...well...you don't even know who I am," Eun Ji said. "How can you like me?"

"You kissed me back," Ju said.

Eun Ji opened her mouth and then closed it. She simply just stared at him. He did not say anything, just looked at her with a blank expression. Her brain had stopped working and she did not know why  she had done what she had done. Why did she kiss him back? Does she like him? 

A knock on the door made Eun Ji jump. It opened and Hyohwa's face emerged. The shock on his face at seeing them sitting together was evident but he did not question them anything, which she was more than grateful for. "Mother's calling for you," He said and left. 

Ju got up from the bed and put on a clean rob over his body. "Ju..." Eun Ji said and he turned to look at her. She had not expected him to respond. She thought he was going to ignore her. "Uhm...your wounds are fresh. You can't walk around like that." He looked at her for a couple of second before nodding and leaving the room.

***

"You what?" Seol sat up straight on her bed and looked at her friend as if she had grown horns on her head.

"Yes, yes, I did it." Eun Ji had already told Seol about what happened between her and Ju earlier but she could not believe it.

"Didn't you like...hate him?" Seol asked and Eun Ji groaned. She fell on her friend's bed and kept groaning until Seol hit her on the arm. "Hae Eun Ji!"

"Yes! But...no?" Eun Ji made a confused face and finally said in frustration, "Oh, I don't know!"

"You kissed him!"

"He did it first!"

"You did it back!"

"I know!" Eun Ji groaned and burried her face into a pillow.

"Eun Ji!" Seol shook her friend. "You can to face it. You can't run away from your problem by hiding your face in a pillow."

"He's a prince, Seol!" Eun Ji turned over to face the other girl. "He doesn't even know who I am. Well...okay he does know a little and that is me being the sister of his father's lover!"

"And he still likes you," Seol said. "You know how much he loves his mother and yet he expressed his feelings for you. It's true that he doesn't know a lot about you but it's not as if you are a complete stranger. You both have lived at the same place for months, have fought battles together and what about those talk you have had when you both were alone?"

"Yeah, but-" Eun Ji began.

"Shush, listen to me," Seol interrupted her. "You said he is different when you both are alone. He isn't all nice to you in front of others because he doesn't want everyone to know about his feelings. Now the question is: Do you like him?"

Eun Ji stared at the roof for a long time before saying, "I don't know."

"Do you regret the kiss?" Seol asked her.

"No." It was true. She did not regret it. It felt nice but she was not ready to do it again. "Ha Jin- I mean, Hae Soo...she told me that I should never get involved with the royalty. At that time I found it extremely absurd and told her that she didn't need to worry about that. She then told me not to get involved with people with a lot of power and wealth. It was possible but I told her that I'd be a mature girl and not make hasty decisions."

"Do you know why she was so against getting involved with the royalty?" Seol asked. "Father never allowed me to get near the palace and now after hearing what you said, I think it might be because of my mother."

"Yes," Eun Ji said. "I know the reason but I'm not sure if I should be the one telling you that."

"What do you mean?" Seol asked.

"When is your father coming back?" Eun Ji asked, ignoring Seol's question.

"I'm not sure," Seol said.

"Tell me when you hear from him the next time," Eun Ji said, getting up.

"But what did you mean earlier?" Seol said. "Who should tell me what, then?"

"I don't know," Eun Ji said. "I'll ask Wang Jung about the who part and tell you if he allows me to." She stood up and straightened her dress. "Thanks for sharing your wisdom." Eun Ji bowed a little and Seol laughed at her gesture. "Also, can you not tell Yeon Seo about this yet?"

"Yeah, sure," Seol nodded. "Where are you going? I wish you could stay her for a little longer and tell me about how you got princes to fall for you."

Eun Ji gave a short laugh and shook her head. "To be honest, I don't know myself. I, at times, didn't even talk to Ju in a decent manner- wait what do you mean by princes?"

"Well, I can't be talking about Wang Chi now, can I?" Seol stood up from her bed and went to her dressing table.

"Seol?" Eun Ji looked her friend, waiting for a proper answer.

Seol brushed the bottom of her braid and said," Well, I have to go to see my step mother. I'll see you later."

"Seol?" Eun Ji repeated but her friend just walked out. "Seol! You can't just joke like that and leave!"

Vote, Comment and Share

Y'all's  comments make me want to update!! Don't be a silent reader and vote if you like the chapter.

Rebel_Incendio7

4-April-19