Chapter 6

"My father will be extremely angry with me if he finds me here, Your Majesty," Seol spoke for the first time since her arrival at the palace

"My father will be extremely angry with me if he finds me here, Your Majesty," Seol spoke for the first time since her arrival at the palace. Eun Ji was standing face to face with the 4th king of Goryeo. She still could not believe that she was here. The room she was sanding in was huge with a bed on the raised platform. Was it a meeting room? Or the king's bedroom? Eun Ji could not tell.

"And who is your father?" Gwangjong asked her.

"Prince Wang Jung," She replied.

"How old are you?" Gawangjong stepped closer to her.

"Twenty-five," She replied. The king's eyes widened and a smile appeared on his face. "You look much younger. I thought you were not Hae Soo's child," he said.

"I-how-how do you know my mother?" Seol stammered.

"What's your name?" Gwangjong proceeded without answering her question.

"Wang Hae Seol," Seol replied.

"Oh wow," The king scratched his neck. "You took both of our names."

"Ours? I took my father's name," Seol straightened her back. "And my mother's."

"You did take your father's name but did you take Jung's?" The king smiled. Something must had crossed his mind because his face turned serious. "I meant the Wang surname. Don't mind me." He stopped speaking immediately and moved closer to Seol. He touched her hair pin and a sad smile flashed across his face. "Don't lose this hair pin, okay?"

"Uh-okay," Seol smiled nervously. "Why did you call me and Eun Ji?"

"Is that you?" The king looked at Eun Ji and she nodded slowly. "What do you know about Hae Soo?"

"Father, she was spying in the pool!" Ju said. Oh, so he is the king's son. He did not seem to understand why his father was not focusing on important matters.

"Hae Soo?" So was it true that her sister has been here. If she was here, then her sister could have been as well. "You mean the girl whom you fell in love with and had a child with? Yeah I am her sister, why?"

Ju's head snapped at the king. "Father..."

"And why was Hae Soo's sister spying on a prince?"

"Let's talk in private. From the corner of her eye she could see Wang Ju looking at her but she ignored him. The king nodded and told the boys to leave.

"But, father-" Ju began but the king raised his hand and he stopped. He did a little bow and left.

"Why did you call for me, Your Majesty?" Seol asked the king.

"It's your mother's memorial today, isn't it?" The king said. Seol seemed to be a little surprised that the king of Goryeo would know about her mother's death date. "To be honest, I just wanted to see you. Jung is out of the city so I thought you can stay here."