Chapter 12 - Breathe In, Breathe Out

R-Rated

Scarlet's POV

Ever since I'd become close with the Prince it seemed that I had forgotten the way I should act in the Castle and it showed as soon as I found myself stood in front of the Queen, holding a tray of cupcakes. I'd not only burst into the room unannounced but I had completely ignored her presence and gone straight to Stefon. Shit

I turn and blush, giving a curtsy a nod of my head and an apology. In all my years at the Castle I had only seen the queen from a distance and only once been in the same room as her - I had no idea how she would react. 

"Excuse me Your Highness, I did not mean to barge in so rudely." I glance at Stefon and it looks like he's trying to hold back a laugh. 

"That's alright dear, clearly you have something yummy looking for my son." I blush and hold the tray out to her. 

"You may have one if you wish, I just made them for the first time and I can't promise they'll be the best but...you can have one?" I offered, cheeks probably flaming red at my blabbering. I was making a total fool of myself. 

"Go on Mum, she's offering." I glance down at the floor and bite my lip as the Queen takes one of the cupcakes and Stefon does as well. I place the tray on one of the small tables in the room and smile before giving another curtsy.

"I'm so sorry. Please forgive my interruption. I'll leave the cakes to you both now." 

"Hold on, just give this to Carlos would you? No rush though." Stefon hands me an envelope and a key, which was a bit strange but I wasn't one to open someone else's letters. But I looked through his drawers, I know. 

Leaving the room, another curtsy, I once again rest my back against the door and take a deep breath. Jesus. I need to pull my act together. All this time I'd been feeling like I was in a dream and yet reality just hit  - I live and work here. 

Peeling my eyes open I find a certain someone staring back up at me. 

"Why are you wearing a mans shirt?" Alistair. How does he always turn up at the worst possible times. 

"Uhhh..." I hope to God the Queen doesn't know it was Stefon's shirt. "Girls can wear men's clothes if the want, just as boys can wear girls clothes if they want." I finally say in response, he shrugs and simply walks into Stefon's room without even knocking. Goodness he has some serious attitude. 

I roll my eyes and head on over to Carlo's room. Wait...where is his room? This was gonna take some searching considering there was like no one around today. Goodness I should have asked...I could go back but that would be interrupting again. 

It's all good, I'll simply have to wonder round the castle until I bump into someone or I stumble across his room. I used to love wondering the halls as a kid and making up big ideas in what was in each room, pretending to show my guests around the place.

"This is the room of Faeries so you have to whisper otherwise they'll get scared and hide away." Placing the fluffy rabbit in her right arm the girl wondered into the room. It was empty, as usual. But there were a few objects in there - a book stand. A few tables with a vase upon it. A deep navy carpet. But what was wondrous about the room was the intricate little markings on everything. There would be wood carvings of flowers on the book shelves. The flowers themselves were always fresh and vibrant whenever she entered this particular room, quite strange since it never seemed to be in use.  "Look Mr Bunny, Missy the flower faerie has left some new flowers to look at today." That was something else that was a bit strange. Every time the girl entered the place there seemed to be a new carving or a new painting for her to look at.