eight : the high priestess

My eyes shoot open and I am placed in Oliver's bedroom tucked tightly in bed with a glass of water on the nightstand next to me

          My eyes shoot open and I am placed in Oliver's bedroom tucked tightly in bed with a glass of water on the nightstand next to me. It had become clear to me that I was very sensitive to drugs. My head throbs as I lift my head off the pillow and rub my eyes roughly.

Oliver rushes over to me, when he hears me adjust from across the room.  "Are you okay?? do you feel better you just passed out?" He rubs my head, pushing tiny stands out of my face.

"Yeah I figured, that's just how some drugs affect me sometimes." He looks down at his fingers and now I can see he blames himself. Which he isn't necessarily wrong to do. "It's okay, really."

"Why did you even do it? I was going to make it so you didn't have to."

"How were you going to do that? Look down the barrel and freeze?" he stutters on his words trying to give me an answer. I interrupt him, "It's really good, what happened to me has happened many times before don't even worry about it. What we need to focus on now is how we're going to prevent this shit from happening again."

He throws his hands up, sitting on the bed by my knees, "And how do we do that? I already told you these men are no game."

"You mean to tell me your whole tough guy thing is an act?"

He scoffs, "No I mean back in Boston I was always strapped up, always with a crew or something but out here its not like that. Completely different."

I nod my head finally getting a better understanding of the situation. "So why don't we go get some guns?"

He nods his head along, somewhat agree with me. "Well if we do that, we gotta do a lot of other shit to make sure that we don't get caught up. I don't even know how we're going to get to D in the first place. Are you saying that next time, if he decided he want to come over at least we have guns?"

"Exactly."

He stands up abruptly going into their closet. A few moments later he comes back out with an automatic rifle. "I already got this one from AJ but I didn't wanna make shit worse."

A tired grin begins to slowly creep onto my face and my head begins filling with ideas of payback. "At least next time we'll be ready."

"