four : yike or die

Start from the beginning

Why does everything always blow up in my face? I start to rummage through my suitcase angrily, trying to find an outfit to go shopping in for today. I throw together the first thing I see; black chunky sandals and a long slip dress with blue and gold cheetah print. After I finish changing, I try to pry the scrunchie out my hair when I hear a knock on my door. "Come in!" I turn to see Sabrina, feeling relieved but also concerned. "Hey. Can I just go by myself and get everything? I just need a few things I won't be too long."

She nods as I finish pulling my hair into a slick high ponytail, grabbing the black denim jean jacket on my bed and lacing my arms through it. "Yeah that's fine, can you get me a few things for Oliver? I want to make it up to him, last night we got into a stupid ass fight." The guilt starts setting in deeper now.

"For sure, I'm about to leave." She hands me the keys, knowing I was probably getting ready. I crack a small laugh. "Thank you, sis." I grab a little blue backpack and tuck my phone and wallet inside before giving her a side hug, "Be back soon."

"Be safe, Wren. Be careful, text me when you get back." She smiles before I nod and dart past her down the hallway to the door without stopping or glancing at anyone in my path. He was never worth my time anyway, can't even be faithful on three shots. Are you fucking kidding me? I go through the front door, noticing a shadow facing me as I close it.

After going through what feels like hundreds of stores, I decided to get Sabrina and Oliver an espresso machine and a matching set for their wedding gift

After going through what feels like hundreds of stores, I decided to get Sabrina and Oliver an espresso machine and a matching set for their wedding gift. I found a few outfits at the mall, even though I got lost on my way there. It was nice being in my own space and being able to clearly think, I was calm now about the whole situation. It was clear that we both felt a way towards each other but I just wish last night could've gone differently. I sit in the car dreading my arrival back. It's so beautiful here, I can't wait to go clubbing or wine tasting or anything involving getting away from Oliver. I still can't believe he makes out with me, gets hard, and just makes it seem like I did something bad to him. I look at the wine she texted me to buy Oliver in the back seat as well as the bag of alcohol to contribute to tonight's party. Sighing, my fingers turn the key and start the car, getting ready to drive back. Hopefully, the party isn't all bad, at least I'm going to look cute as hell. I wish we just became friends and there was no weird emotional or sexual tension.

I turn my music up rapping the lyrics. "He says I'm a dog I might give his ass a treat," Just relax, Wren. Everything's going to go as planned.

-

I get home shortly after calling Sabrina so she can help me get everything out of the car. Instead, Oliver comes over and as he passes me I grab my bags, dropping the keys on the seat before going into the house staying completely silent.

"Hey," Sabrina hops off the couch and waltzes over to me. "We're gonna start setting up at 9 but it starts at 10 so we ordered pizza if you're hungry," Sabrina points at the counter holding a couple of stacks of pizzas.