CHAPTER 31. DRAMA QUEEN

Caution: This is all fiction. This content includes instances of anxiety blaming, along with verbal and physical violence, and major drama. If that's not your thing, you might want to skip it.

-------------------------------

1 MONTH LATER...

-------------------------------

February 29, 2024

-------------------------------

VARUN P.O.V

The biggest wedding in India was just around the corner. But before the main event, there were several weeks of pre-wedding festivities leading up to the marriage of Anant Ambani and Radhika Merchant.

This glitzy affair, set for March 1 to March 3, was expected to draw attention from both celebs and global VIPs. People from all walks of life were going to be there - stars, tycoons, politicians, you name it. It was like a snapshot of society, all gathering to celebrate the marriage of two individuals.

All the big names from Bollywood were invited, the media was buzzing about it being the event of the year. A staggering 2000 guests from all over the world were set to flock to the venue.

We'd all cleared our schedules around to make sure we were there for this important occasion, and you could say it was practically mandatory for us in the industry. Everyone from Bollywood was supposed to be in attendance, along with their partners, families, or whoever they decided to bring along. The only notable no-show would be Papa Karan Jo, who had got hit with a viral infection at the worst possible time and couldn't make it despite his best efforts.

From my end, we'd managed to postpone Baby John's filming by a couple of days so that everyone could join in on the Ambani's pre-wedding festivities. These kinds of events were a welcome break for me. It was not that I didn't love my job, but every now and then, I needed to unwind and have a good time. And when it was an Ambani's party, you could bet it was gonna be epic. They always went all out, so it was like hitting the jackpot every time.

These gatherings were my escape. That was where I could lay back, take it easy, and have a blast. Plus, with so many familiar faces and new connections to be made, there was never a dull moment.

I wasn't really into that scene, but not going to lie, there was always some serious drama going down at those things. With so many people, especially celebs, in one place, it was bound to get messy. Smooth? Ha, not a chance. It was chaos from start to finish. If it didn't affect my marriage or my day-to-day, I was cool with it. I'd rather just watch the drama unfold than get caught up in it.

But hey, I wasn't exactly immune to drama either, especially when it came to Alia. She could be moody and unpredictable, and I never knew when she'd snap at me for no reason. So, I wasn't jumping for joy just yet.

We were kind of just coasting through life, taking it day by day, trying to get back to some sense of normalcy after everything we'd been through. Things were already rough, so I was doing whatever I could to dodge any fights.

I had to accept that my wife was a bit loony and irrational. Looking back, I should've realized earlier. I mean, I always knew she had this crazy streak in her when we'd first got together, but over the past three weeks, it'd been ramping up, no question.