CHAPTER 28. MR & MRS. DHAWAN

2 MONTHS LATER...

SHRADDHA P.O.V

I was strapped into my seat, peering out the small window beside me, watching as the world below grew closer and closer. The engines roared, and the aircraft shuddered slightly as it made contact with the ground. I could feel the wheels of the plane connecting with the tarmac.

But I was hardly fully present in the moment. In fact, I had been awake for just about ten minutes, having been roused from my slumber by the announcement of our impending landing. My head throbbed with a relentless headache, a cruel reminder of the fitful sleep I had managed during the flight.

Blinking to clear my groggy vision, I struggled to keep my eyes open as the jet taxied to a halt. The captain's voice buzzed over the intercom, letting us know we'd made it in one piece.

All I could think about was the sweet promise of some well-deserved R&R the moment I got off the plane. Well, that was what I was crossing my fingers for, because as it turned out, there'd be no rest for the weary after this flight – just back-to-back fuss and more fuss.

My head was spinning with a million thoughts, and I couldn't help but replay the morning's chaos in my mind. From the early morning scramble to get to the airport, to the nerve-wracking meetings, and some other shitty details – it was all swirling around in there. As the cabin door finally opened, I sighed, knowing there was no escaping the mess that awaited me on the ground.

It was the last workday of the year before we actors could finally kick back for some much-needed downtime. We'd all landed in Abu Dhabi for the IIFA Awards press conference, with the big ceremony set for next May.

Our crew included some Salman Khan Sir, Vicky Kaushal, Nora Fatehi, Tiger Shroff, Rakul Preet Singh, Aditya Roy Kapur, and, of course, yours truly. I got to admit, it was one awesome squad. But the kind of buzzkill was VD missing out for the first time because of his wedding in Bikaner.

I wasn't exactly pumped up for this event, but since I received an invitation, I couldn't really say no. Plus, my good friend Tiger was there, along with a few people I get along with. It felt like more of a professional obligation – just put on a smile and roll with it.

But I couldn't really complain because, during these past two months, my professional life had been thriving. After we wrapped "Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar," I was inundated with offers from various films.

I had realized it was crucial to take a step back and consider my options before making any commitments. As a result, I had found myself declining several movie deals that looked pretty good, but I needed to be sure they were the right fit for me at this stage in my career.

I was sort of pleased with myself. Yes, genuinely happy. It felt strange admitting it; I had never imagined I'd be able to say that just a couple of weeks earlier. Now, everything seemed to be falling into place in my life, and the pieces were finally coming together.

I had gone through some major changes in those past two months. I had sort of figured out how to get my life on track, and I had started putting myself first. It had been a bit of a journey, but I had managed to pull myself together and prioritize my own well-being, which ultimately led to a much-needed sense of healing.

Part of this process involved ramping up my visits to the therapist. I had begun consulting a psychologist more frequently and putting in extra effort to address my anxiety and my depression. It hadn't been easy opening up, but it had been a necessary step toward finding peace within myself.

For the past few years, all the crap I had gone through, from the heartbreak of my breakup with Aditya and the betrayal I had experienced, to the toxicity in my relationship with Dhairya, my persistent struggles with self-confidence, and the on-and-off drama with Aditya again, it all had clung to my mind like a stubborn shadow, never letting go.