CHAPTER 16. I WANT YOU BACK

VARUN P.O.V

The car reached the destination, pulling up right in front of the crowded place. I stepped out of the vehicle and quickly walked through Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, trying to avoid as much as possible all the shutterbugs present there. It was early in the morning, and I was already pretty late; on top of that I've had a long and tough night, not getting much sleep.

Heading to the boarding gate, I sighed while taking a look at the schedule board for the scenes being shot today which Abhishek Varman had just sent to all the cast. I was really excited to be working on Kalank's last schedule. In fact, I'd kind of missed Zafar's role, and I was happy to be back playing that character. He was mysterious, dark and a little elusive, but he actually had a heart of gold deep inside.

Also, I was working with some astounding people on this film and I had incredible co-stars. From Madhuri Dixit Ma'am, Sanjay Dutt Sir, as well as Kiara and Aditya, to Kunal, and of course, Alia.

We hadn't really met since the break up. That was to say, it had been 6 days since I'd last seen her. And, I very much hoped it wasn't going to be awkward between us.

I knew she still held a grudge against me, and I completely understood that, but I really hoped she could separate her personal feelings from professional life. I didn't want this break up to affect the way we would work together, and behave towards each other on set.

We used to be so close and bonding back then, and it stressed me out a little, thinking how things could had changed. We'd broken up on bad terms, not to say the least. And, I knew we couldn't possibly be friends, considering everything that had happened between us. Considering I couldn't be friends with someone I was still love in with.

The day she'd decided she wanted to break up was one of the worst days of my life. I still remembered the way her eyes were blazing with disgust and anger as she looked straight at me. I'd fucked up, and somehow I deserved to suffer like this. I'd betrayed her. I'd broken her trust. I'd broken her heart. I'd totally fucked up.

Anyway, blaming myself didn't ease the pain. I still felt like a burnt down house, my heart bleeding, my soul torn apart. What once was my happy place, now haunted me. The memories, the pictures messed up with my mind every now and then. 6 months of passionate relationship being thrown away for a stupid mistake.

I wanted her back. I wanted to win her back. I wanted to be with her, only her. And, this fact wasn't going to change. I loved Alia Bhatt. I truly loved her. Love was worth fighting for. I wanted to make up for my mistakes and win her back. Over those 6 days, I'd realized that I couldn't live without her. I'd realized that she was everything to me, and she was definitely the one.

I went across the airfield along with security till reaching the private plane, which was going to take off in a little while. As I walked in, I took off my sunglasses and greeted the flight crew. The team was already in, all of them eyes glued to their phones, not even bothering to look up at me.

"Hey everyone! Sorry for being a little late, as you can see." I waved at them, in attempt to make them lift their heads up at me.

"Hey Varun!" They answered in unison, glancing up at me.

"Oh, hey Varun! You all right?" Abhishek Varman got up from his seat, as we dabbed each other.

"Yes, fine, thanks. I've checked up the schedule board." I said, brushing a strand of hair off my forehead.

"Well, what do you think? I've tried to make an equal distribution for this short final schedule, as Aditya is gonna join us in Indore tomorrow."

"No, it's great. I just thought we could schedule less hours for my scenes with Alia."