CHAPTER 15. SAVE YOUR TEARS

SHRADDHA P.O.V

The sun peeked through the bedroom's window, the vibrant gleam casting a light on the soft cotton wrapped around my body as I sank deeper into the sheets. My eyes suddenly fluttered open when my arms instinctively attempted to reach for Dhairya within the bed, but his side was cold and bare. Curiously, I sat up and looked around this unfamiliar bedroom. Everything was neat and clean. The bedroom was just tidy enough to show that he cared about the space, how his apartment looked. He really cared about his sacred cocoon, his place of safety. He was kind of a clean freak, maybe.

The light colours, sky blue and beige, mostly brightened up the whole room. It was also filled with different kinds of art, pictures and painting. On the opposite wall facing the bed, there was a big black framed photo of him and his sister, I assumed. They were all smiles and holding each other in a close embrace. On the right wall, a famous painting by the artist Salvador Dalí, The Persistence of Memory, was hanging. He liked art, I guessed. I love that.

I let out a sigh of delight, he seemed to have good taste. His bedroom smelt like fresh vanilla. His bedroom looked, smelt and felt good. There was a kind of calmness, a serenity, a deep feeling of security in his private cocoon.

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, my body stretching out before untangling myself from the sheets. I stumbled as I tiredly tiptoed across the room, tired from the drunken evening of last night. My head was still pounding hard as I rushed into the bathroom.

After finishing my shower, I grabbed one of Dhairya's Balenciaga t-shirts to cover my exposed skin, a bit too big for me though, as my yesterday's clothes couldn't be found. I breathed in the fabric, and it smelt just like him, his aromatic woody cologne. Oh my God, I love that smell.

Gripping the handle of the door, I swung it open and wandered down the placid hallway. There, many framed family photos were hanging on the wall. He seems to be a family guy, I love that. He looks so happy around his family.

The closer I got to the kitchen, the more pervasive the aroma became. Is he cooking, isn't he? It smelt like picked eggs and pancakes, and I instantly felt my stomach churning.

When I finally reached the kitchen, my eyes fell upon Dhairya moving around the space. He poured the pancake mixture, levelling the batter by swirling it in the silver pan and waited as it cooked against the heat of the stove. He didn't seem to notice my presence, as his humming turned into quiet singing. He successfully flipped the pancake and proudly smirked at himself.

Oh my freaking God, he is so sexy while cooking.

He wore a kitchen apron and I assumed that he was shirtless underneath it, which allowed me to see the curves in his broad shoulders while the top of his muscular chest was a little exposed. His body was a masterpiece chiselled by the God above. Can we just go back in bed right now? Oh God, you really need to calm your hormones, Shraddha.

"Dhairya," I said suddenly, causing him to jump a bit and hold on his chest. "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm so sorry!" I couldn't help but giggling at his reaction.

"Oh no, don't worry. I'm really easily scared, if I'm being honest." Dhairya chuckled, leaning back against the kitchen counter. "Did you sleep well?" He asked so nicely, his gentle voice sending shivers down my spine. This guy is so caring.

"Well, yeah..." I answered, almost inaudibly. Shraddha, what the fuck is wrong with your voice, girl? "You?"

"I can't even remember when I had such a good night's sleep." His words made me blush like a teenager, as I sat on a stool in front of him.