Game Time

Heyyy! Okay so this is just a one part one shot and I hope you enjoy! I think from now on I'll use this to share my story ideas and see if you like them.

35-Yard Line
CenturyLink Field
2:00 PM
Saturday
September 21st

Ben's POV:
Hi, I'm Benjamin Ripley, or Ben. I'm 25 and a starting wide receiver for the Seattle Seahawks. I love football. It is one of my favorite things. But there is something I love far more than football. My girlfriend.

Erica Hale.

She's the most amazing person I've ever met. I actually met her on this team. She is an amazing player, and she's the toughest person I know by far. She's usually quarterback, but she decided she wanted to kick it off today. Our coach was a little sceptical at first, but once he saw her kick, he decided she could. I asked if I could hold the ball for her and he shook his head and agreed.

"FIne, but only this once. I know you two are amazing and what the fans call the dynamic duo so I'll allow it. But this is a one time thing. Understand?" He'd asked.

"Yes sir."

"Absolutely coach." I said as I winked at him.

Once Erica turned around he winked back. This was all part of the plan. In an hour, the game would start. And I had a big plan. Like really big.

We went to the field to continue warming up. She kicked a bunch of them and I was amazed. Every single one hit the five yard line and rolled to the two. I knew she was this amazing, but I'm still always amazed.

"Nice kicks babe!"

"Thanks!"

"You excited?"

"Definitely. I can't wait!"

"Well it's 2:45 and the game's at 3 so I don't think you have to wait much longer. Plus, all the pre-game stuff starts now so we gotta go sit on the bench."

She nodded and I took her hand as we walked to the bench. We sat down and I handed her a water. She rested her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around her. They announced Asher Angel was singing the national anthem and we stood up with our hands on our hearts. (: Yes, I like Asher Angel. Deal with it. :)

"And now, the coin flip!"

"Tails." My coach said.

"And it is... heads!" He turned to the bears coach. "Would you like to kick or receive?"

"Receive please."

"Okay then! The Seahawks will kickoff to the Bears to start the game!"

Our special team walked onto the field, met by cheers from the crowd.

I looked at her. "Game time."

"Yep."

"You ready?"

"Born ready. Let's do this!"

I kneeled on the ground and I was thrown the ball. I caught it and placed it on the ground so she could kick it. My palms were sweaty.

It's time. Deep breath. Okay. You got this. Don't mess it up.

The ref blew the whistle. Erica started to take her step to kick, when I dropped the ball. She stopped. The crowd gasped. There were shouts of 'What happened?' and 'Why'd he drop it?'s.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to keep the ball up so I can kick it."

"I know."

"Then what are you-"

I took my helmet off and set it on the ground. I pulled a small box out of my pocket and held it so she couldn't see it. "Not right now I'm not though."

"Ben what-"

I lifted my hand with the box onto my knee. "Erica Hale, I love you, more than anything and everything else. Will you marry me?"

Everyone was silent. No one said a word. She stood there for a second. She took off her helmet and I saw that she was crying.

"Yes. I love you. I will absolutely marry you."

I jumped up and hugged her. I picked her up and spun around as tears of my own rolled down my face. On the top of my lungs I screamed as loudly as I could, "SHE SAID YES!"

The crowd burst into cheers and our teammates all ran to congratulate us. I kissed Erica and slipped her ring onto her finger.

That was the best moment of my life at that point. And I wish it could have lasted forever. But it didn't. It was time for the real game.

"Okay, let's try this again." The announcers said, causing everyone to laugh.

Everyone went back to the bench. We put our helmets back on and someone threw me a ball. I got back down on my knee and held it up. She looked at me and smiled.

"No more surprises?" I laughed and she smiled.

God, I love that smile.

"Nope. Game time. For real this time."

"Game time." She agreed. "Let's do this."

Okay tell me what you thought in the comments if you want. Hope you enjoyed it!