Prom Part 1

Okay this is the first one shot I've ever done and I'm excited! Hope you like it! So the dorms are the same as in my other books. Also, Joshua is alive and not evil. They're all the same year. They're all 16. Okay, now that you know the basics, let's get started.

Top Floor
Ben's Dorm
9:00 PM
Wednesday
April 1st

Ben's POV:
It was a good day. It was 2 days before prom and my friends and I couldn't wait. Zoe and Mike were going together. Chip and Rebecca were going together. Jawa and Jessica were going together. Ashley and Alex were going together. Griff and Kelsey were going together. Kiley and Andrew were going together. Ava and Brent were going together. Gabe and Addison were going together. But me? I had no one to go with. All my friends had dates. Even Erica had one.

Joshua Hallal.

He was such a jerk. He was handsome, athletic, protective, and others. But I was pretty sure he's not loyal. He was always checking other girls out and he was a huge flirt.

But when I tried to tell Erica, she just said I was jealous and a bad friend. She wouldn't even talk to me anymore. I loved her so, so, so much. But when I tried to tell her the truth, she didn't believe me.

I may only be 16, but she's the love of my life. And she hated me. I started to cry. I hated looking so weak. But I was. My teachers used to say I fought like a wet tissue. A WET TISSUE.

But I had become better than Joshua Hallal. I was the second best fighter in the school, under Erica, of course. But she wasn't that much better than me.

But I didn't care about any of that. I just wanted Erica to like me.

I heard a knock at my door.

"Hey Ben, can we talk? Please?" It was Erica? What but I thought- "Ben, I know you're in there. Mike told me. Please let me in. I need to talk to you."

"Uhhh... okay." I wiped my tears away and got up to open the door. But what I saw shocked me even more. Her eyes were red like she had been... crying? And then she walked in and closed the door. And she walked over and hugged me.

What the hell happened?

"Erica, are you okay?" She shook her head and sniffled. I rubbed her back soothingly. She cried into my chest and I knew something was wrong.

"Can you at least tell me what's going on? Please? I'm really worried about you. You're never like this so I know you're hurt deeply." She pulled away slowly, like she didn't want to and nodded.

"You were right." She whispered.

"Right? About what?"

"Joshua."

"Oh no! Erica I'm so sorry. I never meant to ruin your-" She cut me off.

"Ben. Don't you dare think for a second this is your fault. I went to go see Joshua and found him kissing another girl. I don't know who it was. But when she saw me she asked him, 'Baby, who's that?' He realized I was there and quickly pulled away. 'Oh, um this is Erica my... friend.' I looked at him. 'We've been dating for 3 months and I'm just your friend? Who's she?' 'This is my other girlfriend Emily and we've been dating for 2 months and 3 weeks.' I slapped him in the face and came straight here. Because I had to apologize for not believing my best friend. I thought you were just jealous but you were trying to protect me from getting hurt. And I treated you like a jerk. I'm truly sorry."

"You have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you." I hugged her and she didn't resist. I felt her tears running down my chest. "Who's he going with to prom?"

"Emily." I could hear the hate in her voice. "So now I'm not going. Because no one wants to go with me. Who are you going with?" I looked down.

"No one. I wanted to go with you and you alone. Because I love you. Will you please go to prom with me? Even just as friends?" She smiled and looked up. She kissed me and we both blushed.

"I'd love to, but not as friends."

"Erica Hale, will you make me the happiest man alive and be my girlfriend and go to prom with me?" She smiled.

"I thought you'd never ask. It's a date." I kissed her and she kissed back. It was amazing.

I couldn't believe the girl of my dreams was now my girlfriend. Life was changing so much. But I wouldn't change a thing.

Hope you liked it! Later!