1 - Uh-oh, wrong party

Start from the beginning

"I was saying Argal is on the Rigon Square. We'll invite him although he'll ditch us, his presence alone should shoo some creeps away."

Because I was 'aware', I could see all the supernatural beings around me. I could see all except the 'Otherworld'. When I asked what the Otherworld is, she couldn't explain. She simply said it was the magical dimension existent only in one's mind, where the witches and wizards draw power from.

"Argal is doing street magic again, isn't he?" I asked as we made a turn and walked across the tram rails, entering the Rigon Square. It was a pleasant place, one of the many highlights of our city, with ancient architecture basking in the sun and the many cafes and shops resting embedded into it.

It was a big place, with a statue of a guy on a horse in the middle. Kids were crowding around someone right by it, and I knew it was Argal. He couldn't help but show off, and he loved mesmerising humans in the form of street magic. Cards disappearing, and such, but he did it for real. He wasn't skilled with his hands as the other street magicians were, so he was basically cheating, as I made sure to point out whenever I could.

The noise of the city was even greater among the crowd, with the children yelling out in awe and confusion whenever Argal did something incredible. Luckily, they were children, so I found it easy to peek over their heads and look at Argal.

Past their greasy hairs and stinky, sweaty, clothes, sat a wizard.

He was quite tall, obvious even as he sat on an empty wooden crate. In his hands, he held a deck of cards. A bright smile complimented his golden eyes and his plain jeans and a simple white shirt contrasted the bizarreness of his face. Long, snow-white hair extended to the middle of his back, flowing as flawlessly as Liney's.

I recalled the time when I'd first seen him, two years prior. I had had a huge crush on him, even went as far as to ask him out, but he bluntly informed me he didn't like girls, but if I cut my hair he could give it a try for a night. We ended up staying friends and all attraction I ever felt disappeared with a single statement.

He noticed us immediately, as wizards do, and deigned us a smile before making his deck of cards disappear. The kids looked around in confusion, and Argal looked up at me.

"Hand over the cards, young lady," he said, and I raised my eyebrows in confusion, triggering his grin.

"Come on, you're holding them!" he said, and I lifted my hand. There was a deck of cards in it, and I was clutching it tightly. How I wished I was a witch! In spite of having witnessed countless of Argal's 'tricks', I was still as surprised and awed as those children.

The kids started yelling in surprise and amazement as I threw the deck over to Argal. The cards flew apart from each other, spraying out in the wind, but then flew back together within moments, landing in Argal's hand in perfect order, making the children even more confused and amazed.

"That's all, folk! Go to your parents now!" he said, standing up and waving the children away. They expressed their disappointment loudly, but they scattered anyways, leaving the wizard alone.

Argal approached us with a smile, and I smiled back, as always.

"Well, since you came here instead of simply texting me, I assume you want me to go somewhere with you," he said, and Liney smirked.

"You're correct. We need you to come to that party at Wolfrun's tonight, and keep and eye out for Kay, so vampires don't eat her, and she doesn't get a love spell in her drink." She nodded at me as I rolled my eyes.

"Sure. Good time to relax. This time, Kay, I'll truly stay with you. I won't let vampires try and drink your blood again," he said, and I smiled.

"Yea, right. I'll keep close to Liney, just in case," I replied and winked, making Argal chuckle.