🌊Sailor's Delight AU🌊

A Roleplay between myself & NevermoreUppercrust

During a new dawn's light shined upon the ocean's sapphire blue waters as the waves crashed against a weathered sea stone showed a upper body of a enchanting beauty as her voice sang out clearly with the waves.

Her long h/c hair was wet and shined in the light as her chest was covered by shell halves and f/c scales on her curves while her deep e/c eyes looked out onto the waters.

Meanwhile a bit farther out at sea, a young captain stirred in his sleep, his dreams being plagued by the most hauntingly beautiful voice he'd ever heard. Tossing around restlessly, the poor lad broke into a cold sweat. As he lay there moaning, something in the back of his mind kept nagging at him, telling him he needed to wake up. He fought it off for a time, but soon he was unable to neglect the voice drawing him to consciousness. As the dark veil of sleep lifted from him, the captain bolted upright in his bed. His breathing was slightly labored as he looked around his room, making sure he was awake. Although the voice in his mind was no longer giving him orders, the beautiful and ominous singing had yet to cease.

Confused and in a slight sleep-deprived daze, he listened a bit closer to the sound, trying to decipher where it was coming from. It wouldn't be the first time one of his crew members snuck a woman on board... Pulling off his covers with an irritated groan, the brunette stood up from his bed. He tilted his head at an angle, listening to the sweet song filling his ship. Following the sound through is ship, he checked every room he passed for signs of life. What caught him off guard however, was the fact that none of his crew were sleeping in their cabins as they should be! Concerned, he followed the voice up to the deck. And what he saw was startling. The crew was there, but there wasn't a woman to be seen. Seeing his first mate looking over the railing, the captain walked briskly over, needing answers.

(Bradley) - "Timothy... What in the name of Davy Jones is going on here??" He questioned the larger male. His first mate kept staring down towards the water, looking at though he'd lost something. The singing seemed to have ceased, and the whole crew looked just as confused as their captain. The first mate turned towards the brunette with an odd look.

(Timothy) - "Did you hear that...?? That singing?" He quired, his brows knit together.

Bradley nodded, matching his expression before allowing his face to stretch into an assuring smile.

(Bradley) - "Indeed I have... But not to worry lads! I'm sure it's just the wind! Why, remember that time we ran out here in a storm, thinking the wind was a bunch of stray cats??" He reminisced with a laugh, trying to ease his crew. The men all began to laugh at the fond memory, feeling more at ease. A ravenette near the mast spoke up next.

(Max) - "Aye! That was the day we had to pull Timothy out of that barrel of ale, we did!" He chirped, earning more laughs and a blush from the first mate. Bradley smiled as he pulled Timothy away from the railing, looking over the faces of his loyal crew.

(Bradley) - "See, lads? I'm sure this is simply the ocean getting to us! So, why don't we all turn in?! We've still got to make it to Midnight Island before storm season!" He ushered them, starting to turn back towards the stairs.

Unknowingly to the ship's crew a figure watched them carefully on the waters as the ship came closer to the smooth sea rocks of her basking sun light. The beauty slowly climbed onto the flat sun basking rock as she sang out a simple melody to lull the men on the boat near once more.