Chapter 13: A Little Pain [Flashback]

Chapter13: A Little Pain [Flashback]

A knock on his door. Another knock. And another. It didn't stop until he opened it.
Mimzy? Dear, what's wrong?"
A blonde woman was standing in front of him. Her eyes filled with tears and parts of her pinkish flapper dress were splattered in the colour of red.

Alastor...I did something horrible."

(Your P.O.V.)

February was almost over. I heard the snow crunching under my shoes when I was on my way to the radio station where Alastor was working. It became a ritual that I sometimes picked him up and he drove me to my work then. We got so close that some of his co-workers thought we were a couple. Sure, it wasn't unusual that he called a girl 'dear' or 'darling' but lately he began to call me 'my love' and it made me the happiest woman int he world. Maybe he was thinking this way as well...?

For myself, I could say I was definitely in love with the radio host. Marjorie urged me to confess him about my feelings but everytime Iwanted to, I just became super shy.
„Urgh I need to kick in ya ass."Marjorie said desperately after I called her and told her I couldn't do it again.

Anyway, I felt blessed with the fact that Alastor welcomed me in his life and it was okay for me if we just stayed friends. But I didn't give up on hope yet.

When I reached the house and went upstairs to the radio station, I got greeted by a young man. He was the completely opposite of Alastor: blonde hair, blue eyes and some light acne scars on his skin. But he was attractive though.

„Hello sugar." He smirked. „Are you gonna pick up your lover again?"
„Hello David, yes I'm gonna pick him up. And no, he is not my lover." I answered when I passed him by. I took the cup out of his hand and sipped on the fresh coffee. He was a bit confused about my action but he laughed after a moment.
„Oh, is that so? Well, then it might be my chance. Alastor has to be careful that I'm not stealing you away from him." He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close to him. Urgh, how annoying...

„Haha, stop joking, Dave." I pushed him away from me. „Otherwise it is you who must be careful. I'm a little devil." I blinked at him before I left him behind and walked to the studio where the radio host was working. I saw him through the door glass. He was talking so I waited when he let some music play and knocked on the door.

„Hey Al!" I said in a very happy tone, just because I was my mood the moment I saw him.
„Hello, my dear." He showed me a big smile. „Good timing of yours! I will report about the gas station murders in a few moments. Do you wannahelp me?" He asked.

„Do you think the listeners remember me?" I take off my coat since it was still a little time left before we needed to leave.
„I'm sure they do! You did it great the last time." Alastor appreciated  and gave me notes. „These are the most important facts you need to know. Actually you only need to say that the killers are still free and the police statement about the connection between the other murders in the city." He explained, even if I exactly knew about the facts.

„Got it." I nodded and sat next to him. He shoved the other microphone to me and I cleared my throat. Then he stopped the music and began to talk.
„Alright, ladies and gentlemen! As I said before, we are gonna talk about the mysterious gas station murders three months ago. But I'm not alone this time, I have a special guest by my side. (y/n)! Some of you may know her. Welcome, dear."
„Thank you, Alastor. I'm glad to be here once more." I said.
„So, the police finally made the corpses identities offical, right?" He asked.
„Yes. The first victim was the 23 year old Jackson Kinney. The second victim was his co-worker, 29 year old Eddie Burkins. Both of them seemed to get surprised by the killers." I explained. „Since the killers didn't get captured yet, the police has no tangible motive."

„So, do you think there is a connection between the serial killer, the car explosion and the gas station murders?" The radio host further asked.
„At least, the police cannot excluding a connection. One sheriff is convinced that they have a connection together. He said in an interview it could be an Underground Organization."
„Does that mean he says it is more than one killer?" Alastor pretended an unbelieveable tone.
„I guess so. But I think we have to wait and see how the whole situation moves on."
„Well well, we're living in a dark period. But do not give up dear citizens, I'm sure everything is going to be alright! And don't forget, you're never fully dressed without a smile! After a short break, my co-worker William Blakely has another exciting news! Stay tuned!" Alastor turned the break music on and smiled at me happily.

„You were amazing, darling. If you ever think about to quit the stage, you would make a great radio host."

My cheeks got red when I heard his compliment.

„T...Thank you, Al." I replied shyly. Even if I enjoyed our time together, I had to tell him that we needed to leave so I won't come too late.

Alastor grabbed his coat while I put mine on. Still with his cap hat in his hand, Alastor stretched out his arm and I hooked in. On the hall  way,we met David.
„Alastor! Lucky Imma meeting you here! Two cops are waiting for you outside."David was out of breath.

I suddenly realized how my whole body got stiffed, my fingers were clawing in his sleeve and my legs felt totally shaky. Fuck, did they find anything out...?! He cannot be alone with them! What if they take him to the police station? If they make pressure on him until he confessed? No, I couldn't lose him!

„Okay, no problem." I heard the brown haired man answering. When I turned my head to him, his face showed a really relaxed expression. Even a smile. „But did the gentlemen told you the reason?"

„No, not really." David shook his head. „They just said you might be important for a murder case they investigate at moment."
„Thank you, my friend." Al pushed me gently away from him. „I'm sorry, dear. I'm afraid you must go alone."

„No!" I immediately exclaimed. „I'm coming with you! Just let me call my boss. I'm sure he will understand!"
„No, my dear." Alastor laid his hands on my shoulders. „To be honest, I don't know what's going on here, but I assure you I will be fine. So please go to the club and entertain the guests. Will you do that for me, my love?" He raised up my chin after I desperately looked on the ground. His brown eyes pierced mine and I actually wanted to insist to go with him... but I nodded.

„Yeah, okay. But promise me to call me tomorrow!"
„I swear." He leaned over and gave me a kiss on my forehead, probably to calm me down. Then he turned away from me and went downstairs.

A hand laid down on my shoulder again.

„Don't worry (y/n). Alastor didn't anything wrong. Maybe the police made a mistake and it's not him they're looking for." David tried to soothing me as well, but oh boy, I really was worried. I hoped so bad he would call me tomorrow...

A/N: I know it's a pretty short chap but I think it's a better cut for the plot I'm planning next. Next chapter will be longer. <3

TBC.