Chapter 8: Run to the Future [Flashback]

Lafayette, Louisiana (Your P.O.V.)

„You got everything?" My sister brushed my hair behind my ear and looked at my suitcase I hold in my right hand. It was loud on the platform, people here and there said goodbye to their beloved ones or families.
„I do." I forced a smile because I wasn't as happy as I actually should be at moment. I was moving into an other town, leaving my parents home and start living my own life. But just half of my family was by my side right now. I had a fight with my mother when I made clear I didn't want to study music and Shannon got upset because she thought I would leave her, Annie and our parents alone. Especially her and Annie. Since the day I decided to move out, she never had spoken a word with me again.

Annie and dad helped me to organzie an apartment in New Orleans and buying second hand furniture but it definitely made it for the first time.
„Take care of yourself, my daughter." Dad hesitated but then he hugged me lightly.
„I will." I promised him when he let go off of me and nodded.

We heard a man shouting that all the passengers should get into the locomative so they could leave. I hugged my sister.
„I'm gonna write letters when I have time." I whispered before I stepped in the loc and waved at them. Then I was looking for a free seat.

„Excuse me, would you mind me sitting next to you?" I asked an older lady who shook her head.
„No problem, mademoiselle." She responded.
„Merci." I sat down and placed my suitcase on my lap. I looked out of the window and saw the landscape passed me by.

I was thinking about my siblings. Shannon didn't finished her school yet, otherwise we three could move to New Orleans together and Annie wanted to stay by her side until she was full-aged. Of course I felt bad but I also needed to think about my own life. 'Shanny will get over it.' Annie said when I troubled about my decision. 'Sooner or later she's gonna be happy for you when you find a nice guy there.' I saw her face with a wide smirk and I couldn't hide a smile.

Would I really find him? I went on some dates but I've never had a boyfriend before. Call me crazy but I was waiting for a special one... someone I would love with my whole heart and all men I dated reminded me of Annies ex John. No work for the woman, just the well-behaved housewife and mother. How annoying. But New Orleans was a metropolis, so I didn't gave up on hopes.

After a half eternity, the train finally apporached the city. When I left it and looked around, I was amazed. The railway station was crowded with different types of humans. Rich, poor, couples holding hands, business men, homeless people who cadged and so on.

My first stop was a small backery, since the journey made me hungry. After I ate and drank a coffee, I walked out of the railway station and took a deep breath in. It was absolutely no comparision to Lafayette but I loved the new feeling of freedom I suddenly felt.

„New Orleans, here I am!" I muttered, even if I wanted to cry it out loud. I was sure I'm gonna have the best time ever here!

____________________

New Orleans, Louisiana (Your P.O.V.)

Shorty after I used to live on my own, I also got to know the university life. I decided to study archeology and took a special course about ancient greek mythology since it was an interesting subject. I already made a new friend as well who was in another study course than me but we met for lunch or hanging out in our free time.

„Hey (y/n), over there!" I heard her calling my name and I went to the bench where she sat.
„Ya found a job?" She asked. „How went the interview?"
With a sigh, I took a seat. „Awful. They simply don't want students." I said with a desperate expression. I needed to find a job soon to pay my study fees but all companies were just looking for fulltime employees.