Chapter 15: With Blood on our Clothes, we danced in the Moonlight [Flashback]

WARNING: contains violence.

(Your P.O.V.)

I rushed to the Café where I was about to meet with Alastor. After he brought me home from the funeral almost two weeks ago, he asked again and again about that mysterious figure I've had seen. I didn't want to talk about that since I was sure I just imagined it but the radio host annoyed me as long as I finally described the lady. Well, actually I could only describe from what I remember and from what I could see which wasn't much. And now, Alastor wanted to meet me immediately. He just called me an half hour ago that he needed to talk to me.

After I arrived at the Café, I searched for my friend and found him in a sitting area in the corner of the Café.
„Hey Al." I greeted him while I sat down and placed my bag on the chair next to me. „I've come as fast as I could. What's the matter?" I asked.
„Hello, dear. Thank you for coming." He smiled and sipped at his cup. „I ordered some (your favorite hot bevarage) for you. I hope that's okay?"
„Sure, sure." I agreed. „But you said on the phone you have to talk to me urgently. What's wrong?" I wanted to know.

„Well, yes. Actually, I have to ask you something." Alastor took a picture out of his jacket and shoved it over the table so I could take a look at it. „Do you know this girl?"
I lifted up my eyebrows and looked closely at the young woman. She seemed to be very slim, you could see her cheek bones and collarbone. Her dark brown hair was falling over her shoulder but it was much longer than that. Perhaps almost to her hips.

„No, not really." I frowned and shoved the picture back to him. „Do I have to know her?"
Alastor took another sip of his coffee.
„I did some researches after you told me about this figure you saw at the funeral."
„Oh Al, that was probably nothing. Just a shadow I had imagined or something. I was hallucinating."
„You were not, my dear." He refused and shook his head. „This girls name is Gabrielle Archer, the younger sister of a man named Jaques Archer." He explained in a very serious tone.
„What do you want to say?"
„She murdered my friend."

I almost choked on my beverage when he said that as simply as talking about his work or weather. Was he just suspecting her or could it be really true? He didn't even have an evidence.

„Wait... you must be kidding." I grabbed a napkin and coughed into it to get my throat clean.
„I'm afraid I'm not, my dear." He replied motionless.
„But... how do you know? Do you have any proofs?" I asked.

Alastor looked around to made sure no one was watching or hearing us, then he leaned over to me and started to whisper: „I think you need to know something." His brown eyes stared into mine for a short time, then he shoved his glasses back on his nose.

„She isn't a random person. You know, my friend was in a relationship with a guy who was married. After he told her he wanted to break up the affair, she murdered him and his wife. Of course she was totally shocked that she had done such a thing and immediately came to me. She begged me to remove the corpses since I have expierences in it..." He took a break and sipped on his coffee.
„Gabrielle, this girl... she is the younger sister of this man who was killed by Mim... she totally has a motive to get rid of her."

„So... do you want to say it was... revenge?" I murmured as quiet as I can.
Alastor nodded. „That's what I assumed at least."
„I see. And what are you planning to do with her?" I tilted my head. „Get her out of the way?"
As soon as I said this sentence, Alastor grined at me. But it was a dark grin, malicious and evil.
„You got me, darling." He answered. „And I need you to help me."
„Well... sure." I shrugged my shoulders. „But let's not discuss those plans in a place like this."
_________________________________________

It was around 11 p.m., about a week later, when we made our plan real. Alastor knew everything about Gabrielle. Where she lived, where she worked and also which shifts she usually had. If I haven't knew it better, you could say he was obsessed with her. But obsessed with to get rid of her. Today, she had the late shift, and I was waiting in a dark alley for her to get home. Alastor waited in his car, close to the alley. When I heard the girls voice, wishing her co-workers a good night, I clenched the Chloroform-soaked handkerchief in my fist. She was naive or stupid to walk home alone at this time, but that was none of my business.