Chapter 10: It can't rain all the Time [Flashback]

New Orleans, Louisiana (Your P.O.V.)

It has been a few days since I committed my first kill but I rarely thought about it. Nothing seemed to change, except more and more people got murdered and still no traces of the serial killer could be found. I kinda admired the person that he or she was really careful not to leave any tracks.

While my break, which I spent with a glass of wine at the bar, me and Kelly read the newspapers.

„Oh hell, another murder." Kelly said shockingly.
„What, really?" I wanted to know. She showed me the page, the title was Car got burned – Corpse still unidentified.

„They write the car got exploded, so the corpse teared into pieces. Some neighbours heard the explosion and called the police immediately. It's said the corpse is male but it's unknon who he is." She explained.
„How horrible..." I mumbled. „Poor man."
„Might be possible the serial killer isn't alone anymore..." Kelly surmised.
„You think so? Maybe it was a gang doing a prank but it escalated?" I questioned. Kelly shrugged her shoulders.
„I don't know, but whatever is going here, it's scaring me." The red haired woman sipped on her beverage. „My brother already offered to pick me up, but I can't do this to him."

I saw the fear in Kellys eyes. She was a tough lady but yeah... also a woman and a potential victim. Also Olivia and Marjorie and I couldn't forgive myself if anything happened to them.

„Don't worry, Kelly." I tried to calm her down and laid my hand on her shoulder. „Nothing's gonna harm you, I promise." I smiled at her. Whoever the serial killer was, I would make sure that he will never attack one of my friends.

_________________________

I hesitated to leave the groceries store. It started raining when I went shopping some food and of course I didn't take an umbrella with me. It was sunshine when I left my apartment but the weather could change as quick as Marjories mood when she saw a cockroach. With a sigh, I decided to leave anyway and ran to the next bus stop. Luck wasn't on my side because I got crashed with a young man and I accidentally dropped my bag with the food in it. Fruits and vegetables rolled out of it, but the man didn't give a damn about me, he not even apologized.

„Your mama gave you a brain and eyes! Use them, dumbass!" I shouted, even if I doubted he heard it. I kneeled down on the wet ground to pick up my groceries and cursed in my breath. Then I recognized the rain wasn't wetting me anymore and a hand grabbed an apple to give it me back.

„Are you okay, Miss?" A deep, yet cheerfully voice asked and I looked up to the person who helped me. I gazed into brown pairs of eyes, decorated by glasses. His dark brown hair was neaty and dry since he carried an umbrella. The smile on his lips showed small dimples, barely noticeable. You simply could say he was beautiful.

„I... I am alright. Thank you." I stuttered and stood up at the same time as him. His umbrella protected us from the heavy rain. I was overwhelmed by his charming smile and scrutinized him. He wore a beige coat, black trousers and black shoes. A black bow tie jutted out of his coat. I saw him taking off his glasses and cleaned it from some raindrops.

„It wasn't very gentleman-like of this guy." He said and his sentence kicked me back into reality.
„Huh? Oh, uh yeah... but until now, I haven't met any guy who was really a gentleman." I replied.
„Is that so? Then it's time." He smiled.

Hell, why were my legs suddenly wobbling like pudding?

„Guess you're right..." I laughed nervously while I avoided any look in his pretty face.
„It's probably a good idea to change your clothes, darling. You're drenched." He touched my wet hair, then he took my wrist and gave me his umbrella.