Cнα⅊тɛʀ 3 (edited)

Zacznij od początku

"This is Elijah speaking, his brother. Miss Jones, I heard you were late coming into work, but I'll excuse you this one time since it was your first day. You can leave the office but come to work at six in the morning tomorrow."

The voice belonging to Elijah was husky and hoarse, insanely attractive as I automatically conjured up images of a man worthy enough to possess such vocal cords. He'd hung up the call during my distraction and once I'd realised, I slowly placed the phone down as his words sunk in. 'Six am? That's too early! I think he's just planning on punishing me for coming in late and that's why he chose that time', I glowered.

'I guess I deserved that though, but why did he have Elian's phone? He must have been busy. At least Elijah gave me permission to go home', I shrugged as I started to clear my desk and pick up the work I needed to finish for tomorrow. Making my way out from the office my stomach growled abhorrently loud and I cringed, embarrassed but glad that nobody was around.

I locked the door to the office floor and walked down to reception, handing the key over to the security guard standing at attention until the night wind bit at my ankles and made goosebumps appear.

The same SUV from earlier this morning was parked in front of the office building waiting for my arrival. I walked towards it thinking Mark would be my driver and yet the closer I got the more I realised that the man standing beside the car was a stranger. He looked grumpy with hair dishevelled and black bags under his eyes as he hurriedly tucked his shirt in before walking to the driver's seat.

I immediately felt uncomfortable and creeped out and it didn't help that once we'd set off the man had tried to avoid any conversation, omitting to tell me his name. After a while, we reached my home and I quickly got out from the passenger's seat, sending a quick thank you to the man before I scurried up the porch only to be halted in my attempt.

"Miss Jones? I think you should leave this job and forget about this company, or you might end up in great trouble", he advised me with a warning tone.

I warily glanced away from him and almost ran towards my door once I'd exited the car, slamming the door to my house shut once I'd reached the warm embrace inside. 'Why did he say that? What's wrong?' I agonized as I took my coat and heels off, rubbing the back of my feet as they relaxed from the pain they'd been in all day.

Mom softly treaded into the hallway at the sound of someone entering the house. Upon seeing me she helped me settle down with a steaming cup of heavenly coffee and some reheated dinner. We talked about my first day and I informed her about how it was a complete mess but the guy I'd met, Elian, was drool worthy. It was probably best to avoid telling her I was late to work though so that part was buried from her.

My sister dashed into the kitchen eager to find out whether I had brought her the chocolates she'd begged me for. With a gut-wrenching sigh I shook my head and her face fell in disappointment, truth be told I had completely forgotten about her wish. To make up for my mistake I agreed to play hide and seek with her, letting Nina win most of the rounds. She was very childish but she was still my little sister so I could never deny her pleads.

Once dinner had finished, I went straight to my room, plopping face down on my bed before I turned onto my back, looking up at the ceiling. I was deathly tired, and I could feel myself falling into blissful slumber but work and curiosity kept me awake. I didn't tell anyone about the unknown driver, though thoughts bustled my mind on whether he was threatening me or trying to intimidate me and the niggling lack of awareness around my bosses led me to search them on Instagram.

I first typed Elian Cooper in and found out that he was famous, a blue tick proudly standing beside his name. Over 3 million people were following his account and as I glanced over his photos one caught my attention where he was grouped with a bunch of people, smiles plastered on their faces and a similarity that I mulled over. 'Might be his relatives', I concluded.

One of the faces I did notice however, was Anna, the girl who had tried to fire me and I had disliked with obvious clarity. In the photo she was hugging a guy standing beside Elian.

'It must be Elijah', I thought and when I checked the tags, I was satisfied to know I was right. The man was Elijah Cooper. Although both men shared similar facial features, I noticed Elijah had brown hair with blonde highlights in the front.

He had a slight stubble that gave him a more rugged appearance and blue eyes that were deeper in depth than Elian's, almost like a storm was raging inside. Elijah seemed to be slightly taller than Elian and when I clicked on his profile his follower numbers had amassed over 7 million people, I wasn't surprised at that.

There were plenty of photos with him and Anna whose full name was Anna Joseph Brown. It seemed that they were a couple judging by the pretty pictures where they looked fabulous together, professional poses showcasing strong bodies that wrapped in each other's arms.

Anna was also a wildlife photographer, as written in her bio, but what made me confused was why nobody had bothered to tell me about their relationship. I was kind of jealous of her, she was perfect in every way, from her long blonde hair to her slender figure and long legs. They looked very happy together. After some more stalking I found Mr and Mrs. Cooper's account, it seemed model genes ran in this family because the parents were beautiful. I now understood why the two brothers looked so sinfully delicious.

Time passed and when I'd searched everything I could on them I scrolled through my own Instagram feed. My account was dreadfully boring, I had never had a boyfriend but maybe that was because I was constantly shy.

There were pictures of me and Jane Smith, my best friend, but she was currently out of town as her archaeologist job had her travelling to multiple places for excursions. 'I miss her so much', I depressingly thought. I was glad that we still texted and called one another from time to time but we were both busy majority of our days.

'I wish I could turn back time', I mused to myself.

With a sigh and some newfound motivation, I started doing my remaining office work when my sister entered the room. Nina had stupidly watched a horror film at this time in the night and was now too scared to sleep alone in the darkness. She had asked me whether she could sleep in my bed, so she didn't have to be on her own and I agreed on the basis that she didn't take up my half of the bed.

After some time, I received a text message from Elian. It read:
I hope you reached home safely
- You're not so angry boss.

I couldn't help but laugh loudly at the words Elian had written, unfortunately my sister was now sleeping, and I didn't really want to wake her up, so I forced myself to stop laughing causing tiny little chuckles and a wide grin to spread across my face. 'Elian's so sweet and funny', I admired thoughtfully.

The office work I had taken home was now officially completed and with the rest of my final motivation I shut my laptop, yawning from all the effort I'd put into today but still happy from Elian's message. The dawning awareness of what Elijah had requested of me turned my grin into a sour frown as I set my alarm early and prepared my clothing for the next day.

Finally ready for bed I fell into a blissful sleep where dreams of my bosses and angelic trumpets rang in the distance.