10

Ayla's pov

"So you won't be staying?" I made a puppy-dog face as I asked Klaus about his plans for today. We were in his car on the way to the beach house and Beth had called me early to help with some of the arrangements.

"I wasn't planning to but if you want me to then I can stay." He replied and I just looked at him in awe.

"No no, I'm pretty sure you have lots of work to do and I was just fooling around with you. Although I have to mention, you're such a sweetheart." I spoke as I pulled his chubby cheek.

"Are you sure you have everything baby? Your sunglasses, towel, sunscreen?" He asked and he caught my attention when he said sunscreen.

"Shit, I forgot my sunscreen. Oh man, I'm going to get a sunburn and I hate being tan." I wasn't really a fan of getting tan especially when my skin was of two shades later on.

Just then Klaus opened the dashboard and pulled out the sunscreen I used. Honestly, I was speechless.

"Oh my God, K-bear, you're the best!" I pulled him in a hug and gave him a kiss on the cheek. It was so sweet to know that he was so observant about even the tiniest things. Maybe he knew how particular I am about brands and brought the exact same one.

"Also, you didn't have to come all the way to the beach house to drop me off, I could've carpooled with Beth or Stace." I hated that sometimes it felt like I was treating Klaus like a driver which is why I was always hesitant in going with him and I wouldn't ask him unless it was my last resort.

"Ayla, love, stop overthinking. You know I'd do anything for you. Plus, I feel so satisfied and at peace when you're with me. Also, I get hugs and kisses for being sweet, can't miss such opportunities." He joked and I just laughed along with him.

As we stood outside his beach house, I just stared at the beautiful view infront of me. The house was so modern with glass doors and glass windows, I wasn't surprised though because Klaus' mansion was far luxurious than anything I had ever seen.

The beach was what left me spellbound. The sun shining bright, some calm waves, some high tides, oh it had been such a long time since I visited the beach.

And then we feel a car swish from the side as it drifts its way before it comes to a stop. I knew who it was, Mr. Show-off Harrison. But what I was not expecting was a girl beside him. Most specifically Juliet Ivanov. And of course, I was not pleased to see her.

Klaus noticed my expression and decided to speak up.
"Is there a problem? Chris invited her, I hope you're okay with it, I'm sorry I didn't ask you if you were okay with it." Klaus blabbered and I was left dumbfounded at his words.

'I'm sorry I didn't ask if you were okay with it'. Hell, he didn't even have to apologise. This man, he's too good, he deserves the world.

"Klaus, it's nothing, don't worry." I told him and then I saw Beth and Stace had reached too. Klaus and I left his car and made our way to the rest. I was going to pretend Juliet wasn't even here and not let it spoil my mood.

"Chris, take good care of her." Klaus instructed him and then he faced me. "Enjoy yourself and call me if there's anything. I love you." He kissed my forehead and then left.

We made our way inside his house, the place neat and tidy, with three rooms and four restrooms.
"Hi I'm Juliet. And you three must be Bethany, Stacy and Ayla." She introduced herself and I tried to pass a smile. Call it prejudice or whatever, but I did NOT like her.

We went to the work at hand. We decorated the room with polaroids, fairy-lights, candles, rose petals, all that mushy, romantic shit and teased Beth throughout the arrangement. Afterwards, we changed into our swimsuits and prepped ourselves for the water. I wore a black swimsuit and I took a few pictures and sent them to Klaus to tease him a little.

"Does anyone have a moisturiser? I forgot mine." That was Stace. Before I could speak up, Juliet interjected, "Here you go."

"Hey, I used to have the same one, it was my favourite. But then it finished and I can't find it anywhere now. Ah I love its smell." Stace gushed over it.

"I'm so hungry guys. does anyone have some snacks?" This was Beth. And guess who spoke again, "Oh, I have some." Urgh, annoying.

I left the room and made my way to the water. Initially I left it was too cold but slowly and gradually my body adjusted to it. I love the calmness and peacefulness of such places. It made me feel relieved, content and just so alive.

I was interrupted when I felt a splash my way and when I looked back, it was none other than Chris. I started off by giving him the silent treatment to make it known that I am mad at him. It didn't take him long to realise and he asked, "What happened grumpy face?"

"Why did you bring Juliet?" I asked straight forward.

"I'm just trying to get to know her. Plus, she's different." He implied.

"You say that about EVERY girl you like." I splashed water on him and he retaliated by splashing more. Soon our conversation was forgotten as we got into a splash fight, that was until I lost my balance and was about to slip. But fortunately, Chris held my hand and prevented me from falling.

"Aw, so cute. Look at you two." Stace murmured as she took a picture of us as he held me close. I tried to ignore her and made my way to get my towel. While Beth and Jay enjoyed their romantic anniversary, Stace, Juliet, Chris and I sat near the water as we talked about old memories. There were instances where Chris tried to flirt with her but thankfully she didn't flirt back. Chris had decided to drop the three of us back home and it was funny when no one opted to sit in the front with Chris.

"Girls, I'm not a driver. Can at least one of you sit in front with me?" I knew this drama queen was exaggerating and he just wanted Juliet to sit in the front, which she did.

"It was a lot of fun with you guys, I mean with my other friends it's so different because it's all so formal. But you guys were all so laid back and informal. Thanks for inviting me Chris." She replied and I felt extremely irritated.

"Hey no problem. I told you we won't make you feel left out and it won't be awkward at all. I hope you can come with us at other hangouts as well. I'd love that." Chris spoke.

"I'd love that." I mimicked in a low tone so that only Stace could hear me. As Juliet left, we made our way to Stace's place.

"I'm assuming you didn't like her." She stated and I just shrugged. As we dropped off Stace, next stop was my house and I couldn't wait to go and snuggle in my bed.

"Oh my God, Ayla did you know that used to be my house?" He pointed to his house which I had seen in some of his old pictures. "And that's Klaus' house! Damn, it's been so long." He pointed to the one next to it and Klaus' house was magnificent.

He stopped the car and pulled me out of the car. "Come on, I'll show you this hidden passage from my house to Klaus'." He spoke and I was alarmed.

"Chris it's late and we can see it some other time. I think we should head to my home." I tried to convince him because my sixth sense told me that this was a bad idea.

"Come on Ayla, it won't take much time, stop being such a scaredy cat." He pulled me into a small pathway which was extremely dark and made a shiver run down my spine.

All of a sudden this flashlight shone on our faces and I couldn't help but scream.

I knew this was a bad idea.

Some additional chapters in Chris' point of view? What do you think?

Don't forget to vote and comment. Happy reading!