8

Ayla's pov

I fluttered open my eyes and realised that I was caged in someone's arms.

It was Klaus and he was sleeping.

I remembered that I had told him to stay and I wasn't surprised when he did. He was like that. He would always do as I say and always put me first, no matter what.

The pain had subsided but the cramps were the worst I ever had. I couldn't feel my legs and it was like someone was constantly kicking my stomach.

And I felt that it was very sweet of Klaus to have come check on me and take care of me. It was his sweetness that really captivated me at first.

He was my sweetheart.

I checked the time and I had slept a lot but it was mostly because of the medicine. I couldn't help but stare at Klaus. He had such pretty eye lashes that I felt a little envious. I also loved this beard and moustache, it made him look even sexier.

I remembered him petting me and I loved it! It made me feel so calm and at ease, it was a very cute gesture. Slowly I caressed his cheek and then felt him blink his eyes open. Soon he realised I was awake and sat upright.

"How are you feeling now princess?" He asked with concern.

"I feel a lot better, thank you so much K-bear." I hugged his waist and he hugged me back.

"You don't have to thank me. You are my girl and you are my responsibility." He kissed my cheek and I felt tingles all over my body.

"Also, you should call me in such situations, I was terrified when I saw your condition love." He urged and I looked up to him.

"The cramps aren't usually this bad. Besides, I thought you had a meeting and I didn't want to disturb you." I voiced out and saw that his expression softened.

"No meeting is more important than you. You can call me anytime and I'll always answer." I loved how he was with me. He would always treat me like a queen and also respect my wishes.

"Do you want to eat something? There's lasagna in the fridge and I can make something for you if you want." This was the least I could do for him.

"No, you should rest. I'll heat it up for you, you must be hungry." My stomach growled just seconds later and I smiled sheepishly.

I remembered about the movie and instantly checked the time. It was just 6:00 pm so I sighed in relief.

"Still on for the movie?" I initiated and he just replied with a 'Sure'. Since I still had cramps, I really didn't feel like getting out of the bed so I suggested, "How about I download Lion King on my laptop? I have microwave popcorn at home and we can cuddle in bed and watch it together. Although I know that you would've probably done a lot of preparations at your place, maybe we can have game night tomorrow so that all the food doesn't go to waste?"

"I am okay with anything my love. Just do what feels right." Klaus replied. He really never argues or complains and he's really easy to convince. Which is a good thing and a bad thing. A bad thing because sometimes people take advantage of him this way and it really angers me.

However, I just wanted to focus on us right now so I downloaded the movie as he brought popcorn and lasagna. We were cuddled together on the bed with our hands intertwined as I ate popcorn and fed him as well. Lion King has always been my favourite movie. I would sing along during Hakuna Matata and cry at the time of Mufasa's death, as Klaus would laugh or console me at my actions. The cutest moment is when I squeeze my hand and he squeezes mine.

I swear I live for such moments.

The day at school was just ordinary. That was until Chris came up running to me with a piece of paper in his hands. In no time, I was lifted off the ground and twirled in his arms. My heart started beating erratically because I was caught off guard and I had no clue what was going on.

"Lolo I got an 'A'! The first time in my entire life! I got an 'A',without cheating! Oh my God! And it's all because of you, thank you thank you thank you!" He was so happy, just seeing him happy made my heart flutter.

"You're welcome mister. Well, you put in a lot of effort too so I'm proud you got this 'A'. Now you've got to stay consistent and maintain this 'A' throughout." I lectured him and he just nodded his head without absorbing anything I just said.

His eyes were trained on the Russian beauty- Juliet Ivanov, the epitome of beauty and elegance. She was super pretty and she had guys fawning over her but she never had a boyfriend. I could tell just by Chris' expressions that she was going to be his next target.

"Chris not her. Leave that innocent girl alone." I warned him before he could utter a single word.

"Such a bummer man. I expected you to be like 'Don't worry Chris, I'll introduce you to her' or 'I'll help you get to know her' but you always gotta be so rude." Chris whined and I just huffed. He expected me to set him up with a girl? Yeah right.

"Come on, lets go to the cafeteria, I'm hungry."

We ended up in the cafeteria as Chris bragged about his test results to every single person who entered the place. My eyes landed on the chocolate fudge cake which wasn't my favourite, but my favourite's favourite.

"Since you got your first 'A' today. Here you go."

"CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE, AAAAH." He screamed in delight at the sight of it. He quickly grabbed a spoon and dived into it as the rest of the squad joined us on the table. As Jay tried to grab a spoon and take a bite of the cake, Chris smacked his hand away. Typical Chris.

"Ayla, this cake is good but not as good as the one you made on my birthday. The one you made was divine. Even maa loved it and she even wanted the recipe after that. Please make that again some day, please please please. Oh, what was it called? The Tres Leches Cake!" I was left speechless.

"I remember your mom ordered some really fancy three layered cake but as soon as we saw Ayla's cake, we just attacked it, quite literally. Your mom's cake was barely touched." Jay added and I just blushed at his statement.

All their words replayed in my mind as I was reminded of Chris' birthday. I had a fever and a flu but I woke up at 8 in the morning to get all the stuff and make the cake for this loser.

As I reached home and wrapped myself in the quilt like a burrito, my last thoughts before falling asleep were...

...he remembered.

How many chapters do you think a book should have? Let me know!

Don't forget to vote and comment. Happy reading!