1. Bad days and Ice creams

Legends say that when you wake up in a bad mood, know that you are going to have a bad day

Legends say that when you wake up in a bad mood, know that you are going to have a bad day. And that is exactly what was happening to Ivy Binns. Having woken up on the wrong side of the bed, with barely 4 hours of sleep last night, she was not in a happy mood right now. Yes, she’ll admit, it was her fault for staying up late last night and reading, but does she regret it? No. Will she ever do it again? One Hundred Percent.

And to top it off, there was no coffee. And to keep herself in senses, Ivy had to drink the tasteless watery tea that Paige made for her. But that just totally seemed to do the opposite of the wanted effect. Ivy’s headache had increased by ten times now and she was ready to murder the next person who annoys her with a mere fork.

They had to go to Diagon Alley today, that too unaccompanied by their parents who had an important meeting to attend. The girls were eligible enough to handle themselves like this but since the morning was going crappy, Ivy half expected something vexing to happen.

“Do you have everything you need?” Paige asked as they both stood near the fireplace to travel to Diagon Alley through the floo network. “Yes,” Ivy replied bitterly, not in a mood to talk.
“Okay then,” Paige said as she handed a handful of floo powder to Ivy. “You go first,”

Ivy stepped inside the fireplace, not before bumping her head on the mantelpiece, and threw the floo powder as she said Diagon Alley. Green flames erupted from the sides, and as they engulfed Ivy, she accidentally sucked in her breath. That led to soot and ash going straight inside her nose, causing irritation and a coughing fit.

Ivy didn’t even have time to decipher that she had reached her destination as she coughed, her nose turning red, eyes going watery due to the irritation. She would’ve fallen face first on the floor if it weren’t for the guy that steadied her. Soot particles in her hair and clothes, eyes watery and nose red, Ivy looked up to see herself steadied by the one person she did not want to see today.

“Of course it’s you,” she said in an annoyed tone. “Already having a bad day, and you’re the first person I meet. I should have known,” she said, quickly separating herself from him. Regulus Black gave an equally annoyed expression. “Well my day was actually going good until you showed up,” he retorted.

Ivy furrowed her eyebrows at him as she wiped the soot off her clothes, taking a quick overview of him. White button down shirt and jeans, clothes everybody wears yet still he didn’t fail to give the rich pureblood aura.

“You really don’t have any manners though, you’re supposed to say thank you,” he said in a slightly cross tone. “I didn’t ask you to steady me,” she replied matter-of-factly.

“If I would have known it was you, I would’ve never caught you. Seeing you fall face first is a once in a lifetime opportunity.” “Too bad you missed it,”

Before they could bicker anymore, there was a loud noise and Paige tumbled out from the fireplace and fell straight in between them. Ivy and Regulus promptly held each of her arms to steady her.