5. Stars and Firewhiskey

“How come none of you know where the room of requirement is?” Ivy said in a hushed angered voice

“How come none of you know where the room of requirement is?” Ivy said in a hushed angered voice. She was accompanied by Paige, Maria and Sean Rowland, Maria’s childhood best friend and a fellow Ravenclaw. They were all dressed up for the party but none of them actually knew where the Room of Requirement was, where the Hufflepuffs were currently hosting the party. “This is absurd.”

“I’m sure it was on one of the upper floors but I don’t exactly know which one,” Sean said. “Why don’t we just head back to the common room and check it out in the Hogwarts: A History?” Maria offered.

Ivy shook her head. “No, that’s going to take us too long. We are so far ahead now.” They all had been chatting excitedly coming out and then started following each other thinking they were leading the way but they soon came to know that none of them actually knew where the Room of Requirement was. Since then, they had been roaming around up and down the whole castle in hopes of finding the room and also looking out for Filch.

“How about the library?” Sean said. “Must be closed by now. It’s too late.” Ivy looked over at Paige who seemed to be in her own world. She was seemingly unaffected by the fact that they couldn’t find the party. She wore her LED shoes and was just admiring them as she walked around the whole school.

“Mind helping us out a little Paige?” Ivy remarked sarcastically. “Can you stop admiring your shoes now?” Paige spun around her heels. “I can’t!” she said with a wide grin. “This is the best gift I’ve gotten like ever! My shoes light up!”

Ivy rolled her eyes at the absurdness. “You can literally do magic. Why are you so mind blown over shoes that light up?” Paige ignored Ivy as she clicked both heels of her shoes and they shone an array of neon colours. “Why did I even bother asking her?” Ivy thought to herself with a sigh.

“Now what?” Ivy crouched down besides the wall and put her face in her palm. “I’m sure we can’t be the only ones left behind. There must be some other students trying to go to the party as well. We should just wait a while.” Maria said, putting a hand on Ivy’s shoulder. “Yeah, let’s just wait a while. Then we can go back to the common room, I guess.” Sean shrugged.

Luckily, after a few minutes of waiting, they could hear some voices and by the sound of it, it seemed like they were students. Sean was the first one to see them, and immediately as he did, he turned back towards the others. “Quick, hide!” he told them. “What? Why?” Maria started but he quickly ushered the four of them behind a wall.

“It’s the Slytherins.” he whispered. “So what? It’s not like we are going to pick a fight with them.” Maria replied back, throwing an uncertain look towards Ivy. They were talking in low voices. “There’s Nott. And Parkinson and Zabini.” Sean said. “Black is with them.” he added. “And I don’t think Ivy would want to come in their way.” Ivy rolled her eyes with a bitter look on her face. They weren’t wrong.